Samsung Research and Development Institute Ukraine (SRK) is looking for a passionate and collaborative Linux Kernel Developer to join our team in Kyiv.
You will work with security and system development engineers tackling real-world tasks with Samsung flagships, introduce patches to the Kernel of not-yet-released Android versions, be involved in operating system development, learn about security model of Android and improve it on Samsung smartphones in use by hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
If you love working directly on consumer-facing products we are glad to meet you at the team of professionals in Samsung R&D Institute Ukraine.
• Design, develop, build, debug, test, profile Linux Kernel modules for Android devices;
• Develop Kernel-level security solutions;
• Participate in research activities and strategic prototyping for future Samsung products.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or similar;
• Knowledge of C, Kernel-level development;
• Building and testing Linux or Windows Kernel modules;
• Knowledge of Linux or Windows Kernel architecture and operation.
• Knowledge of ARM technologies: TrustZone, GIC, MMU, NEON, VFP, Thumb;
• Knowledge of Linux Security architecture: MAC/DAC, SE, LSM, Android/Tizen security models;
• Experience with device drivers development;
• Knowledge of POSIX API;
• Applied cryptography: authentication & authorization protocols, crypto algorithms;
• Experience with bootloaders development and debugging;
• Experience with virtualization: XeN/KVM/QEMU;
• Ability to work collaboratively within teams on a set of innovative projects;
• Good technical English.
• Competitive salary, annual salary review, semi-annual bonuses;
• Official employment, as per Ukrainian labor law without tax issues;
• Paid 28 days of annual vacations and sick leaves;
• Paid days off on Ukrainian official holidays;
• Paid maternity leaves;
• Business trips all over the world;
• Opportunity to become an inventor of international patents with paid bonuses;
• Medical & life insurance for employees and their children;
• Convenient office location (Business Center 101 Tower);
• Paid lunches;
• Discounts to Samsung products, gym, restaurants, services;
• English & Korean language courses;
• Regular education and self-development on internal courses and seminars, office library.
Samsung is an amazing place to work with great people in an outstanding environment.
With us, you will have an opportunity to be a part of innovation that makes a real difference in the lives of millions of people worldwide.
Samsung R&D Institute Ukraine (SRK) is a part of Samsung Electronics global R&D network specialized in computer vision, context-aware intelligent services, graphics, augmented and virtual reality as well as information protection.