Samsung Research and Development Institute Ukraine (SRK) is looking for R&D engineer who wants to apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills to solve challenging Computer Vision problems in rapidly evolving Augmented Reality domain. As a part of the team, you will have an opportunity to apply your expertise and bring to the next level 6DoF Positioning Technologies (including camera calibration, visual inertial odometry, SLAM, etc.). Developed solutions are targeted on Samsung Mobile products reaching millions of users worldwide.
Required skills / expertise:
- 2+ years of experience in conventional and ML/DL based image processing and computer vision
- Strong theoretical knowledge and practical skills in computer vision algorithms (OpenCV)
- Proficiency in math, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Solid С++ and Python programming skills (numpy, pandas, matplotlib)
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Extensive experience with one or more deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Strong debug skills
Would be a plus:
- Pet projects portfolio that includes AR related technologies — camera calibration, visual inertial odometry, SLAM, object detection/recognition/tracking, semantic segmentation, optical flow/depth estimation, 3D reconstruction and modeling, hands/body understanding & eyes tracking for interaction purposes, etc.
- Experience in C++
- Neural Networks optimization and acceleration experience using QC SNPE
- Experience in embedded systems development (Android/Linux)
- Experience with CPU/GPU profiling tools
- Unity and/or other game engines development skills
- R&D activities in CV based 6DoF Positioning for AR — camera calibration, visual inertial odometry, SLAM, etc.
- Prototype and implement image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Develop tools required for project activities
- Design AI solutions and train required ML/DL models
- Optimize algorithms & ML/DL models / their inference
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and defects in component functionalities and performance
- Maintain and support existing solutions and services
- Develop demo applications for various platforms
- Competitive salary, its annual review and different bonuses
- Fully official employment 100% complying Ukrainian labor code
- 28 days of paid annual vacation
- Paid days off on Ukrainian official holidays
- Paid maternity / paternity, sick leaves
- International business trips
- Opportunity to become an inventor of international patents with paid bonuses
- Financial support for publishing research results and attending top tech conferences
- Medical & life insurance for employees and their children
- Convenient office location (Business Center ‘101 Tower’)
- Lunches’ compensation included to the salary
- Discounts for Samsung’s products and partners’ services
- English courses
- Educational and self-developmental opportunities in software creation, applied domains, soft skills & leadership
Samsung R&D Institute Ukraine is a multinational global team of great people working in a friendly and creative environment.
SRK is an influential part of this R&D network. For over 12 years, we have been focusing on computer vision, augmented and virtual reality, healthcare services, cybersecurity and proving our top-notch expertise by multiple real-world products.
With us, you will have an opportunity to be a driver of innovations that change lives of millions of people worldwide for the better.