Samsung Research and Development Institute Ukraine (SRK) is looking for R&D engineer who wants to apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills to solve challenging Computer Vision problems in rapidly evolving Augmented Reality domain. As a part of the team, you will have an opportunity to apply your expertise and bring to the next level Human-Computer Interaction Technologies (including hands/body/eyes detection/tracking, pose estimation, static/dynamic postures/gestures recognition, etc.). Developed solutions are targeted on Samsung Mobile products reaching millions of users worldwide.
Required skills / expertise:
- 2+ years of experience in conventional and ML/DL based image processing and computer vision
- Strong theoretical knowledge and practical skills in computer vision algorithms (OpenCV)
- Proficiency in math, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Solid Python programming skills (numpy, pandas, matplotlib)
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Extensive experience with one or more deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Strong debug skills
Would be a plus:
- Pet projects portfolio that includes AR related technologies — camera calibration, visual inertial odometry, SLAM, object detection/recognition/tracking, semantic segmentation, optical flow/depth estimation, 3D reconstruction and modeling, hands/body understanding & eyes tracking for interaction purposes, etc.
- Experience in C++
- Neural Networks optimization and acceleration experience using QC SNPE
- Experience in embedded systems development (Android/Linux)
- Experience with CPU/GPU profiling tools
- Unity and/or other game engines development skills
- R&D activities in CV based Human-Computer Interaction for AR — hands/body/eyes detection/tracking, pose estimation, static/dynamic postures/gestures recognition, etc.
- Prototype and implement image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Develop tools required for project activities
- Design AI solutions and train required ML/DL models
- Optimize algorithms & ML/DL models / their inference
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and defects in component functionalities and performance
- Maintain and support existing solutions and services
- Develop demo applications for various platforms
- Competitive salary, its annual review and different bonuses
- Fully official employment 100% complying Ukrainian labor code
- 28 days of paid annual vacation
- Paid days off on Ukrainian official holidays
- Paid maternity / paternity, sick leaves
- International business trips
- Opportunity to become an inventor of international patents with paid bonuses
- Financial support for publishing research results and attending top tech conferences
- Medical & life insurance for employees and their children
- Convenient office location (Business Center ‘101 Tower’)
- Lunches’ compensation included to the salary
- Discounts for Samsung’s products and partners’ services
- English courses
- Educational and self-developmental opportunities in software creation, applied domains, soft skills & leadership
Samsung R&D Institute Ukraine is a multinational global team of great people working in a friendly and creative environment.
SRK is an influential part of this R&D network. For over 12 years, we have been focusing on computer vision, augmented and virtual reality, healthcare services, cybersecurity and proving our top-notch expertise by multiple real-world products.
With us, you will have an opportunity to be a driver of innovations that change lives of millions of people worldwide for the better.