We are Roosh, a Kyiv-based tech company. We create & invest in ambitious products and help others develop innovative ideas. We admire how fast machines learn and what they are capable of. So we are most interested in solutions driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to join our team.
Why you should join us:
- you’ll be able to deepen your knowledge in your core specialization and develop ancillary expertise according to your interest
- you’ll be able to improve your hard and soft skills by receiving permanent detailed feedback from your peers
- you’ll be working with top Ukrainian tech entrepreneurs
- your teammates are highly professional
- we have a culture of freedom and individuality, see it on our Instagram
- Roosh is a great opportunity to try yourself in a tech start-up environment and become an important member of a small team
- drafting and revising transaction documents, commercial contracts, NDAs, services agreements
- research and advice on various legal matters within the scope of Roosh activity
- supporting day-to-day legal activities and operations of the holding under the supervision of the head of legal department
- implementing legal compliance in the various areas of business operations (data protection, marketing, payment, consumer rights etc.)
- dealing with KYC matters related to bank accounts opening, registration of companies, onboarding of investors etc.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- law degree from a reputable university (LLM will be an asset);
- 2+ years of relevant experience in IT, corporate, and commercial law with an international or top-tier law firm or Big 4
- advanced English, including legal drafting, fluent Ukrainian and Russian
- participation in moot court competitions will be an advantage
- strong analytical skills and attention to details
- ability to meet deadlines
- hard-working, well-organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure.
Professional experience (you should have deep expertise in at least two of the following legal areas):
- contract law (contracts governed by English, US, and Ukrainian law), including, experience in working on M&A and/or venture capital transactions
- intellectual property law (copyright, trademarks, and patents)
- corporate law (with focus on such jurisdictions as Delaware and Cyprus) and corporate structuring
- data protection and privacy (GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, and/or BIPA).
- competitive salary
- medical insurance
- young, professional and talented coworkers
- outstanding office in the Kyiv center, near metro Teatralna
- educational support system
- social events and team gatherings
If you are an applicant, please read the note below.
Thank you for your interest in Roosh. Our hiring team will review your CV and any other relevant information within five working days. If your experience and skills fit our jobs requirements — we will arrange a call to get to know each other better. Otherwise, we aren’t quite ready to proceed with you at this moment. Our journey has just started, and we’d love to stay connected as our team continues to grow and more opportunities become available. We wish you the best of luck with your application and in your search.