• English Level — Upper Intermediate (You will have to pass an interview in English)
• Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for (3) year(s)
• PHP7 and Laravel or similar framework
• In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
• Git and Gitflow
• MySQL or other relational databases, profiling and query optimization
• Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
• Familiarity with Linux and/or Mac command line
• ability to write meaningful unit/feature tests
• Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
• API development and documentation
• Consume REST and SOAP APIs from others
• VueJS — used for some responsiveness and interactivity in web apps
• Familiarity with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, and Bulma
• Mobile app development — we currently use Ionic Framework
o ability to sign and package apps and publish to the app stores
• Twilio — basic understanding of their programmable voice and SMS products
• Agile — we don’t currently adhere very stringently, but as the company and team grows, a tighter strategy for managing developers’ time will be needed
o familiarity with sprint planning in Jira would be helpful
• Deployment — everybody’s got their own way of managing, but the candidate should be able to clearly lay out their strategy — including CI/CD process (see note about TDD above)
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
Servers & Tools
• LINUX! — preferably Ubuntu or other Debian variants
• ability to provision and install system dependencies
• ability to maintain and update on a schedule
• ability to retire when an LTS reaches the end of life
• Intrusion detection and general server security/hardening
• Nginx or Apache — familiarity with and ability to manage/optimize
• HAProxy — ability to administer and monitor
• Amazon Web Services
• EC2 — efficient use of compute server resources and auto-scaling
• ELB — basic understanding of load balancer and target group setup
• RDS — the ability to provision, monitor and manage database servers
• SQS — we use for queueing work and use supervisor to manage the workers
• VPN — to connect to processors
• Route53 — ability to manage DNS records
• S3 — understanding of access policies and encrypting assets
• Security Groups — firewall management
• Understanding of PCI and data security
• SSL certs — ability to install, monitor and manage
We are looking for a talented Senior Developer that thrives in a vibrant start-up environment.
Some exposure to the card program industry either in a bank, FinTech or clearinghouse is highly desirable.
Are you a highly experienced, ambitious Full stack developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more?
We are looking for a motivated Senior PHP / Laravel developer to come join our agile team of professionals.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skillset, then you are the type of person we are looking for!
We are offering superb career growth opportunities, great compensation and benefits.
You will be a core member of the Engineering team working with your team members to:
• Understand customer needs and requirements
• develop web applications using the Laravel Framework within the PHP programming language.
• Develop new features end-to-end using your skills and working with colleagues to grow revenues and increase customer satisfaction.
You will work collaboratively and closely with other Sales and Marketing team members. You will have daily checkpoints to manage issues, questions and escalations.
The OneCom company develops its entire business solution in PHP/Laravel. So the roles are required to support the business solution e.g., develop new customer features, address bugs, support new customer opportunities, etc.
You will work collaboratively and closely with other Sales and Marketing team members. You will have daily checkpoints to manage issues, questions, and escalations.
OneCom is a leading provider of Card Services in the American market. We specialize in Card programs for Employers and their employees. These include debit, reloadable and gift cards.
A payroll card is a reloadable prepaid card offered by an employer as a way for workers to receive their wages. Like direct deposit, payroll cards are a form of electronic payment and an alternative to traditional paper paychecks. This payment system is flexible, feature-rich and reliable and saves employees and employers both time and money.
The OneCom payroll card program helps strengthen employer and employee relationships.