Robo Wunderkind robotics kits empower kids aged 5-14 to learn to code through the joy of play. By joining our team, you will be able to impact the lives of tens of thousands of children. Here you can check out what our users create with Robo Wunderkind: www.instagram.com/.../tags/robomakersmarathon
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our team in Vienna, Austria or work remotely.
To develop educational content distribution, community sharing and more within our app. Expand current and future capabilities of Robo Wunderkind through text to speech, IoT, and more.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain tools for analyzing user data from our mobile applications and production sites.
- Collaborate closely with our mobile application engineer and design team to develop an efficient API and smooth user experience.
- You will help define both long-term strategy and short-term roadmaps.
- Build product features, always with an experimentation mindset.
- Collaborate with R&D to bring to life cutting-edge technologies through Robo Wunderkind such as text to speech.
You will be the owner of Robo Wunderkind’s backend infrastructure, reporting to the CTO as part of the Engineering team. You will have strong autonomy and level of impact. We have a very flat structure and we will give you space to develop your own ideas and execute them.
You will work closely with the marketing and sales team for analytics and email automation as well as the product team for app features.
Our tech stack:
- Backend: Node + Express
- Frontend: React
- Digital Ocean (Spaces)
- Google drive (database backups)
- Gmail (automated email sending)
- Mailchimp (contact creation and tagging)
- GeoIP (IP address-based country lookup)
- CoAP protocol (used for production analytics)
- Hubspot (used for leads generation)
REST API, using JSON payloads.
- Minimum education level — Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ Years of Backend development experience
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Proficiency with databases (PostgreSQL), and analytics
- Proficiency in data transmission structures such as JSON, and REST API
- Agile/Scrum practices
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience in implementing AI capabilities in past projects such as data classification/recommendations, or machine vision is a plus
We are open to working remotely and our team spreads over 2 continents. Those working in Vienna have flexible work hours and can work from home 2 days per week.
To apply, please send us your CV to [email protected].
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from your application date, it means you were not selected for an interview.