We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Director to join our dynamic team.
You will be responsible for overseeing the technological direction of our organization, ensuring the efficient development and delivery of high-quality software solutions.
This role requires a deep understanding of web programming, expertise in solution architecture, and technology selling. If you are a visionary leader with a strong technical background, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for driving innovation, we encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership/managerial experience at a rapidly scaling company.
- Strong technical background, with proven hands-on experience in software engineering, architecture, or related roles with a strong focus on backend development and cloud technologies.
- Skilled in pre-sales activities with proven business experience as a Software/Solution Architect
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field. Professional certificates will be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles, design patterns, and best practices. Experienced with architecture design, estimation, selling, and further implementation of solutions.
- Proficiency in English, excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing platforms. Nice to have one or more of AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Proficiency in implementing and maintaining development quality gates, automated testing, quality management, and deployment strategies.
- Able to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks.
- Experience in organizational and project scale-up, engineering management, and competency development.
- Ability to align technical strategies and decisions with the overall business objectives and drive technology initiatives that support the company’s growth and profitability.
- Develop and execute the engineering department’s strategic vision in alignment with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Drive engineering part pre-sales activities including RFP response preparation, estimation, pitching, and discovery.
- Work closely with our sales and account management teams to understand client needs, present technical solutions, and contribute to the proposal process.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the engineering team.
- Defining and setting up best engineering practices inside the company in development, quality, and architecture.
- Conduct technical assessment and improvement of existing projects in order to increase the product quality and client’s LTV.
- Lead the technical design and implementation of scalable and reliable software solutions, utilizing backend technologies.
- Identifying, attracting, and hiring top engineering talent to join the team.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools, and frameworks to enhance the development process and improve software quality.
- Ensure green delivery results by quality management and architecture governance.