Restream is looking for a Video Streaming Engineer to join us to solve complex challenges and build world-class products. In this role, you will build new features, design and implement new services, and improve the reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization. You understand the importance of simplicity and reliability, and you calculate the impact of every decision on each. We believe in small teams where each member contributes significant value.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain features in Restream core services.
- Design and implement video streaming and video processing services necessary to support new and existing features.
- Design metrics that capture the streaming experience and system performance.
- Implement solutions to maintain top-notch video quality under high load.
- Give and receive code review feedback from the team.
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies and discover hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of Restream production infrastructure.
What you need to succeed:
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- Expert in at least one general-purpose programming language. Node.JS (TypeScript), Rust, or C/C++ would be a plus but are not a requirement.
- Experience with multiple multimedia libraries and frameworks: FFmpeg, GStreamer, libvpx, x264, x265, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple streaming protocols (RTMP, RTSP, RTP, HLS, WebRTC, DASH, etc.) and codecs (AAC, Opus, H264, H265, VP8, VP9, AV1, etc.).
- Experience with at least one commonly used media server software: RED5, Wowza, Kurento, etc.
- Highly proficient in database design, with both relational and NoSQL (Scylla, Redis) databases.
- Comfortable working with AWS, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, continuous deployment workflow, multiple programming languages tech stacks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment.
- Passionate about the Restream product.
Restream is the #1 solution for creating professional live videos and streaming them to all social networks at once. Millions of people around the world use Restream to reach, engage, and monetize their audiences. We’re a small and diverse group of dreamers who make technology work for the world. We believe that a small but highly driven and focused team can make a lasting impact in any area.
What we offer:
- Startup environment and a flat company structure.
- Work closely with founders and team to build and grow the product.
- Direct influence and impact on the direction of the product and development.
- The ability to create something that influences people’s lives.
- Competitive pay & equity options.