Restream is looking for a Backend Engineer to join us to solve complex challenges and build world-class products. In this role, you will build new features, design and implement useful API methods, and improve the reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization. You understand the importance of simplicity and reliability, and you calculate the impact of every decision on each. We believe in small teams where each member contributes significant value.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain features in Restream web services.
- Design and implement backend APIs and business logic necessary to support new and existing features.
- Give and receive code review feedback with the team.
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies and discover hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of Restream production infrastructure.
What We Look For
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- Strong in any general-purpose programming language. Node.JS (TypeScript) or Rust would be a plus but are not a requirement.
- Experience in relational databases design; experience with NoSQL databases (Scylla, Redis) would be a plus.
- Experience with creating, testing, consuming, and supporting APIs for web services.
- Comfortable working with AWS, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, continuous deployment workflow, multiple programming languages tech stack.
- Basic front-end skills are a plus.
- Self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment.
Restream is the #1 solution for creating professional live videos and streaming them to all social networks at once. Millions of people around the world use Restream to reach, engage, and monetize their audiences. We’re a small and diverse group of dreamers who make technology work for the world. We believe that a small but highly driven and focused team can make a lasting impact in any area.
What We Offer
- Startup environment and a flat company structure.
- Direct influence and impact on the direction of the product and development.
- Competitive pay and equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Restream journey.
- The tech you need to get your job done.
- Flexible paid time off.
- The ability to create something that influences people’s lives.
- Work closely with founders and team to build and grow the product.