1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine (MCTD) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by international donors to provide targeted technical support and assists the MCTD in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
The main reform areas that the RST will be dealing with are focused on the design and implementation of energy efficiency reform, utilities sector reform, housing policy reform, comprehensive construction industry reform and PAR, as stipulated by Ukraine’s commitments to the EU Association Agreement.
The main purpose of the RST for the IT Team is to support in achieving strategic goals in digital transformation projects in the Ministry and in providing assistance focused on key reform priorities:
- Organisational and IT capacity building;
- IT strategy and Action Plan development;
- Updating the Business Process Analysis and Reporting System;
- IT projects implementation;
- Introduction of cybersecurity;
- Development of internal rules and procedures related to IT project management.
2. Position and reporting line
The Senior Project Manager will work in close cooperation with Deputy Minister on Digital Development, Digital Transformation and Digitalization.
A highly qualified professional is needed to draft, supervise and support the necessary products (documents) related to the IT reform.
The Senior Project Manager on IT will be subordinated to the Director of the RST MCTD.
3. Duration and proposed timeframe
The initial consultancy assignment is expected to start in June 2021 and has an estimated duration of up to 3 months. This assignment has an opportunity for extension for another 12 months, subject to the donors funding availability, consultant’s performance and the specific needs of the RST.
4. Main Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Ministry in IT capacity building;
- Support the Ministry in design and implementation of project management methodologies, tools, internal rules and procedures;
- Assist in creation and maintaining the Knowledge Base of the Ministry;
- Support in development of IT strategy and a project roadmap, cooperation with relevant departments of the Ministry and other stakeholders;
- Assist the Ministry in IT projects implementation and support;
- Create project documentation;
- Collect, analyse and formalisation of project requirements;
- Assist in technical specifications development;
- Participate in documents preparation (functional, technical, organisational capabilities and advantages of solutions within the framework of presentation, documents);
- Effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities to the project team, ensuring the completion of tasks, project reporting;
- Provide risk management on the projects, incl. setting priorities and working with change requests;
- Coordinate stakeholders in a relevant field;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the RST Director.
Main anticipated deliverables include comments, analyses and proposals for implementing IT projects:
- the MCTD’s Business Intelligence and Reporting System upgrade;
- implementation, development and support of the Unified State Construction Electronic system;
- Updating of State Fund for Regional Development system;
- Creation of National buildings and structures register;
- Creation of National address register;
- Construction management system;
- Launch of an online platform for public discussion of construction projects;
- Creation of a system for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of state regional policy.
5. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
5.1 Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree preferably in IT, engineering, mathematics, management;
- Fluency (both written and spoken) in Ukrainian and English;
- High motivated and results-driven individual with the ability to prioritise and multi-tasking;
- Ability to make conclusions from data and drive an action accordingly;
- Problem-solving and the ability to work independently and within a team;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine, a good understanding of the policymaking process;
5.2 General professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years),
- preferably 5 years of experience in IT project management, consulting related to the field of assignment (minimum 3 years).
5.3 Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in technical project/program management experience;
- Good technical knowledge and thorough understanding of systems design, architecture, and information security;
- Good knowledge of data manipulation, enrichment, validation, normalisation, and underlying concepts related to data reconciliation/quality management;
- Understanding of distributed systems and how deployed;
- Software or hardware engineering background as a plus;
- Experience in analysing cost/benefit of feature selection;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Experience working with multifunctional teams is an asset.
6. Funding Source
The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA). Contributors to the MDA are Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, the largest donor.
Please note, selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by 23 of May 23:59 (Kyiv time), 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include:
- a completed Application Form:
- a completed NDA Form:
- the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae;
- Reference Letter from a recent supervisor (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are fully completed will be considered.
8. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates may be invited to the tests. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.