We are looking for a Data Engineer who will work with our back-end and R&D teams to develop new features of Reface video service that will allow hundreds of millions of people to create and share personalized video content.
Reface is the #1 face-swap app in the world. It won Вest of 2020 (Google Play), ranked #1 on the US App Store, hit Top Charts in 100+ countries, and now backed by Andreessen Horowitz venture fund.
Snoop Dogg, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, and probably a bunch of your friends tried Reface.
We have a team of 100+ driven folks on board (Kyiv office), including some of the top AI/ML minds. Yay.
Our mission is to create a new type of AI-based personalized content that will help people express their creativity and have fun.
What you should know
• Professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real-time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python (Scala is a plus)
• Strong hands-on working experience of Big Data stack including Spark and Python(Pandas is a plus)
• Awareness of DevOps
• Hands-on design and development experience in data space: data processing/data transformation using ETL tools, a data warehouse (data modeling, programming)
• Exposure to Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services
• Experience working in a high load / high performance distributed project
• Experience both with async code and with multithreading/multiprocessing
• Hands-on experience with SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.)
• An open-minded person who is willing to work in a dynamic startup environment
As a plus
• Tech lead / Architect experience
• Experience with other languages as GoLang/Scala, etc
• Experience in performance analysis, load testing, and modules/system optimization
• Previous experience in the project that involved images/video processing
At Reface, a Data Engineer means that you will
• Work closely with data scientists, data architects, ETL developers, other IT counterparts, and business partners to identify, capture, collect, and format data from the external sources, internal systems, and the data warehouse to extract features of interest
• Analyze performance issues and resolution recommendations
What you get
• Well, you get the startup environment with all its ups and downs. Mostly ups.
• You’ll be one of those who create the fast-growing world-known entertainment app. It’s like to live in a „Silicon Valley” tv show, but in real life and in Kyiv.
• You can work remotely but we hope to see you in flesh in the office, from time to time. On a social distance, for sure.
• You’ll be challenged to create and to be creative. All the time.
• You’ll join the team of smart, young, active people, who do their job well. And that’s the best part, we think.
PS: switch from Scala to Python as the main language is an option.