What is this project about?
This is a long-term healthcare project that helps direct difficult-to-treat dental patients to the right hospitals in the UK. In addition, there are many other features, such as a personal account management where dental doctors can track history, make notes, and prescribe treatment.
The team has full control over technical decisions and choice of architecture. Also, expect to have clear and direct collaboration with stakeholders, as well as great support from a very easy-going and loyal product team in the UK.
Who are the people I am going to work with?
There are 5 Ruby engineers as well as 2 Angular Engineers, 2 DevOps Engineers, 3 QA Engineers, and a UI/UX Designer. Also, our Project Manager Iryna is making sure everything, and everyone works smoothly.
There is direct communication with the client and product expert on the client-side.
- At least 3+ years experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with AWS;
- Experience with Microservice architecture;
- Ability to make slow and steady improvements to it alongside existing feature requests;
- Strong knowledge of Rspec or similar is required. Project test coverage is 90% and improving;
- Ability to react to results of security testing carried out by an external security agency;
- Strong intermediate/Upper-intermediate level of English.
- Ability to translate the complexity of the business domain into maintainable code;
- Able to communicate to the QA engineer potential affected areas or types of bugs to look out for.
- Has worked on production systems where was responsible for the final code review and the consideration of how this affects existing data in the database, the deployment process, etc.;
- Knowledge of Unix-based systems (bash commands, concepts of users and permissions, ability to work effectively with log files via command-line, quickly assess if the server is under memory / CPU / IO load).
- Flexible working hours (full-time, 8 hours working day);
- No time-tracking systems, screenshots, bureaucracy;
- 20 days of paid annual vacation;
- Paid sick leaves;
- Possibility to use vacation during PP;
- Days off on all Ukrainian government holidays;
- Social package, including medical insurance, sports compensation, educational budget, free English classes, psychological training sessions;
- Mentorship program (get a mentor or become a one);
- Loyalty program 100 — we provide $100 per year for education;
- Last but not least — dynamic environment with a low level of bureaucracy;
- Workation compensation: 150 EUR one-time payment (travel support), 200 EUR monthly (coworking compensation, etc).