Rakuten Advertising is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering team. Our team is responsible for building the best applications and services for our partners, business customers, and users of our mobile apps.
We have hundreds of people working all around the world, in the US, Japan, France, India, Australia, UK, Canada, and Ukraine. The position we are hiring for is located in our Odesa office, Ukraine.
Rakuten Advertising is a part of Rakuten, one of the biggest tech companies in the world, currently involved in e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit cards, e-money, and more. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
We are a team passionate about programming and committed to delivering the best products for our consumers, teammates, and partners. Our products are composed of many microservices that benefit from the contributions of the whole team.
We love to say yes to our colleagues and offer the best of our skills to help them. We own the products we deliver and maintain them. We can create a new service from scratch and put it into production in less than 5 minutes using managed services, with zero bureaucracy. Our managers actually manage, so you don’t have to attend random meetings. We only have stand-up meetings when we feel they are absolutely necessary. We have a dedicated ops team, available 24/7. And of course, we have tests, automatic builds, source control, issues tracker, and so on.
* Design, develop, and release great applications that are used by a large base of users.
* Work closely with our product managers, designers, and other technical teams to build the best products we can.
* Build high-quality, user interfaces for our web application, as well as beautiful data visualizations used by thousands of people.
* You have at least 4 years of relevant experience building production software and a degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience).
* You have strong programming skills and you’re familiar with the technologies we use, in particular Java, Node.js, and React.js.
* You are familiar with the full application stack: you can build great user interfaces with HTML and CSS, create fast and reliable backend services in Node.js, design an API, and deploying a service to GCP. You are never afraid of connecting to a server, and you can create SQL queries to debug an issue or generate reports.
* You have experience delivering services that work at a high scale and high level of availability, integrated with third parties, and provisioned in AWS or GCP.
* You are able to work on a team and in an independent way when necessary, plan your own work and deliverables, find documentation, ask your colleagues for help, document and communicate your work, and raise your hand if you get stuck.
* You can jump into new stuff and you don’t get easily scared when facing new projects and new and unknown technologies.
* You are proficient in spoken and written English.
· English lessons
· Work remote from any place in the world 3 months per year
· Only 4 working hours every Friday during the summer
· Bonuses for education and professional development
· Access to training platforms
· Flexible working hours
· Comfortable workplace (remote work during quarantine)
· Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities.
· Xbox, PS, library and table tennis in office
· Medical insurance: including dentist and covid-19 cases.
· Sports compensation
· 20 days paid vacation, paid sick leave, maternity leave
* GCP, AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, and Step functions, Docker.
* PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
At Rakuten Advertising, our mission is to make the Internet a better place. A place that brings relevance, value, and enjoyment to everyone involved—advertisers, publishers, and consumers alike.
How do we do it? By never slowing down. By constantly innovating. By combining Rakuten’s owned and operated media with our pioneering artificial intelligence, and rich consumer insights. By connecting global brands to our industry-leading publisher network. By using a game-changing strategy, shaped by decades of learning, to disrupt the industry as we know it.