Rocket is a Ukrainian tech company with global ambitions. We are user-obsessed and product-driven. From the first day in 2018, we are constantly working on the product that already connects clients, couriers and partners in 30+ cities and 6 countries. In just 6 months we launched in the Netherlands, Cyprus, Greece and France, and recently we’ve started delivering in Portugal. And we are going to expand further — at least to 10 European countries.
We strive for a positive impact, constantly looking for new opportunities in food tech — not only delivery, but also dark kitchens, dark stores and other innovative models. In 2020, Rocket joined the list of TOP-10 downloaded food delivery apps in Europe (data by Sensor Tower) and TOP-30 Ukrainian product startups (named by Forbes).
We are not indifferent to the world around us, and we support those in need. For example, during the pandemic we were first to launch contactless delivery and provided food for hundreds of elderly people together with Starenki charity (we even received Partnership for Sustainability Award 2020 by UN).
Today, our team is larger than 500 people, and we keep growing.
We are Rocket people. We work to deliver faster, further, always. Join the team!
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be responsible for the efficiency of the business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Co-Founder. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures;
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth;
- Establish policies that promote the company vision;
- Oversee daily operations of the company;
- Work with the product team, inform and guide the marketing team;
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication;
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics;
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance;
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures;
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.);
- Manage relationships with partners;
Key skills & Requirements
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role;
- 7+ years of leadership experience and scaling teams across departments;
- High-growth environment and start-up experience, ideally with a background of launching, scaling, and operating;
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions;
- An understanding of the delivery market — and a willingness to disrupt the way it currently operates;
- A desire to work in a dynamic environment at one of the fastest-growing startups in Industry;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Experience in fundraising will be a big plus;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus;
- Proficiency in English required;
Why is Rocket a good place?
- You will work with a skilled team & open-minded management;
- You will make an impact on the product, made in Ukraine and used by millions;
- You will contribute to the booming food-tech market;
- You will have challenging tasks on-the-job & ambitious goals.
Our Rocket lifestyle is:
- We are not afraid of challenges — we love them;
- Our goals are always ambitious — perseverance helps us on reaching them;
- Rocket People support each other. We are not indifferent, and our management is always open for a conversation;
- Always DAY 1: every single day for us looks like the first one — full of energy and ideas;
- We are eternal learners, we learn even on our mistakes (which is totally okay).
Being one of Rocket People, you obtain:
- A lot of opportunities for your personal growth, learning & development;
- Flexible working hours & remote opportunities;
- True ownership & impact on the product;
- Team events & various sports activities;
- Comfortable offices & lunches discounts;
- 20 working days of paid vacation, 15 sick leave days per year & a birthday day off.