Raiffeisen Bank is a part of the Raiffeisen Bank International AG (Austria), a leading financial entity in 14 countries. In Ukraine, we have more than 2,7 million clients and almost seven thousand colleagues.
Now we are changing. We took off our old-fashioned jacket to transform into a digital partner. Our transformation journey has started. We welcome you to join Raiffeisen Tech, a kind of IT company within the bank.
We are fully responsible for all tech development. During our transformation we kill bureaucracy, increase efficiency, and achieve high-speed digital products. We implement modern engineering practices, work on innovations that build high-quality interaction with our customers.
Sounds curious? Join the Raiffeisen team!
- Good level in OS and service troubleshooting
- Good level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views
- Base level in knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and streaming replication solutions
- Base knowledge of monitoring systems like: Zabbix, Nagios, Prometheus
Will be a plus:
- Base knowledge of IaC and Config Management tools like: Ansible and terraform
- Basic understanding of containers and Kubernetes
- Involved in new and existing service design discussions and recommend reliable, secure, performance optimized database offerings based on business requirements
- Ensure all databases in the AWS and On-prem are configured for performance, scale and high availability
- Optimize query performance and communicate with developers regarding service optimization
- Ensure all key databases have deep insight monitoring
- Perform regular database maintenance and ensure databases are backed up according to agreed RTO / RPO information
- Perform: Provisioning, deployment, configuration, and monitoring using automation tools like Ansible, Terraform
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Maintenance work to be planned meticulously to minimize/eradicate self-inflicted P1 outages
- Provide support for the operation teams 24/7 — on-call in off-work hours only for critical issues
- Ensure security considerations are at the forefront when designing and managing database solutions
- Maintain documentation regarding DB services
You will join a Platform team:
Platform is an umbrella for units like:
- Network reliability engineering: How to cook networking in DC? How to meet SLA 99.0 for all network services? Build hybrid links? Establish VPN with EU region? — just a routine questions for guys
- Data center reliability engineering: Hardware, SAN, Hypervisors, Backups, Hybrid Clouds, PaaS are all about these guys
- Data base reliability engineering: Here we’re talking about Oracle, Postgres and a bit of Sybase. Perform second day operations like: backups, monitoring, upgrades, etc. To meet highest SLA ever for our databases guys jumps “behind the scenes” of development kitchen and helps with performance bottlenecks and application issues
- Platform operations: Here we’re cooking IaC, Configuration management on top of *nix systems (We have more than 2k VMs BTW). Gitlab, Sonarqube, tomcats, ansible, monitoring are just 10% of tech words from this area.
- Project “Codename”: This is unit is about cutting-edge technologies (we’re fans of cloud-native landscape), rapid SDLC, engineering culture, and microservices which are replacing “legacy” systems
The team committed to delivering reliable platform services for customers who are: developers, devops, QA. We’re tech heart of Raiffeisen Ukraine and everybody expects that heat is operating normally :)
The DBRE team is responsible for the provision, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of all databases across platform used twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
We will support you professionally and personally:
- You will work in a large international company that provides possibilities for professional and personal growth
- Complex and complicated challenges, opportunity to contribute into corporate level transformation
- Become a part of a highly professional and successful team with an international company culture
- Opportunity to visit our non-stop internal meetups: Tech talks, Demo days, Q&A Session with Board
- Possibility to work remotely or in a comfortable and cozy office near Kontraktova Square
- Stability and a social package that includes 28 days of paid vacation, medical insurance
- Competitive salary and bonuses for your efforts and contribution
- Great corporate events and Team building activities
Our team on social media: