● Have played some casual puzzle game levels (e.g. Match-3, Bubble, Solitaire, etc.)
● Own a computer and a mobile device — Android and/or Apple
● Be online for 8 hours during 9AM-5PM EST (ϐlexible)
● Willingness to accept and provide constructive criticism
● Ability to effectively manage time and work efϐiciently in a deadline driven environment● Familiarity with Google Apps for Business (Mail, Docs, Calendar), and other software
(Skype, Dropbox, etc.)
● Experience working on games in live operation, preferably mobile
● Awareness of monetization strategies in free to play games
● Innate ability to analyze, understand, and articulate what contributes to quality puzzle level
● 1+ years of puzzle level design on at least one shipped title
● Examples of shipped levels we can play
● Understanding through previous development of game balancing and tuning processes and
Qublix Games is a Toronto based gaming company building high quality games for iOS, Google Play,
Amazon, and Facebook. Qublix has published over 50 titles across mobile and web since 2009.
We are looking for an outstanding Level Designer / Quality Assurance Tester to contribute to our
continuing development of world-class mobile games targeting a mass market.
The ideal candidate is talented, creative, passionate, ϐlexible, and eager to make their mark in the
popular and competitive casual puzzle game space. Core responsibilities include building fun, clever,
and rewarding puzzle game levels, tuning ongoing projects for optimal player enjoyment and
retention, analyzing data metrics, as well as performing comprehensive quality assurance tests for
new game and app features. The optimal candidate will also have a deep awareness of casual puzzle
games and competitive products in the genre, and understands how new games are deploying new
Success in this role requires a true team player with a love of puzzle games who understands and
embraces the challenges of creating designs that are both elegant and appealing, as well as
innovative yet accessible.
● Use tools to create, test, tune, and implement compelling puzzle levels by ϐixed deadlines
● Analyze user feedback and data metrics to tune and balance levels and designs
● Perform comprehensive quality assurance (QA) on new game and app features; create test
cases, identify and document issues, verify ϐixes, etc.
● Contribute positively to the team; be a champion for the player and the game