At our client’s project their goal is to give everyone access and the ability to save, invest and transact their wealth, without excessive fees and limitations. They have a focus on gold as it has been used for centuries as a currency, store of value, and a symbol of wealth. Despite the emergence of other forms of currency such as paper notes and digital assets, gold still plays a crucial role in the financial monetary system, which we intend to make available to the masses.
Their use of cutting edge technology and efficient logistics offers their users the ability to grow and safeguard their wealth by creating and utilising an account conveniently provided through mobile and web apps, including the ability to use their wealth through payments cards.
Behind their products, we have a talented, dedicated, and passionate team split between Australia, Europe and North America.
What you’ll do:
They are strengthening its R&D operations and looking to grow the size of its development team to support the launch of its platform, whilst continuing to innovate and develop new features for its users.
The development team’s main objective is to maintain and deliver intuitive, robust, secure mobile and web applications to the project’s user base. The same platform also needs to provide control and reporting to the project operations and support teams.
As a manager, your main day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Define and document project needs.
- Plan and manage the execution of projects.
- Oversee testing and integration with internal and third party infrastructure.
- Manage a team of seven highly specialised individuals (iOS, Android, Web, backend blockchain engineers and graphic designer) with the ability to build and expand the team when needed.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
As a technical lead, you will report to the CTO and ensure that project’s core technology stands up to real use-cases. Your technical lead responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the stakeholders to understand the product roadmap and with the lead architect to define and document the functional and technical specifications of each new feature or improvement.
- Define and estimate the workload of each additional feature or improvement.
- Breakdown development in development sprints.
- Organise and lead the scrum development team to meet objectives.
- Oversee the team day-to-day operation while monitoring team member performance and report on metrics.
- Keep stakeholders informed of the status of the product development.
Your qualifications & experience:
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering, with experience in a front end and back end mobile and web applications.
- Five years of experience with at least two years managing a technical team.
- Experience defining and executing technical roadmaps.
- Experience in system engineering specifically working on the design of complex multi-disciplinary projects involving micro services and mobile applications.
- Fluent in professional English.
More about you:
- You are willing to get your hands dirty by staying technically involved in the project and continuously contributing to the development of solutions and assisting in troubleshooting.
- You have a dynamic and rigorous work-ethic with the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- You are used to employing best practices to manage and lead a team of engineers.
- Your personal behavior and know-how allows you to quickly integrate yourself in an expert-oriented team.
- You have a desire to understand the fintech industry and are curious about precious metals and forex trading, and wealth management.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be at the forefront of creating and structuring a new team with an ambitious goal that will have a real impact on the company.
- You’ll be a key component in their company’s growth strategy
- You’ll have an opportunity to challenge yourself and avoid the status quo with a goal of quality, performance and operational excellence.
We offer perks that will help you find your work-life balance and professional comfort:
- Paid vacation (21 working days);
- Paid sick leave (14 working days);
- Free English classes.