Customer: An Israeli-based early stage mobile gaming start-up
Genre: Casual, Merge-2
● 4+ years experience as a professional artist in the gaming development industry;
● Strong understanding of proportion, composition, color theory, lighting, and character design;
● Experience and familiarity with the complete art creation pipeline;
● Being an expert in Photoshop and Illustrator;
● Ability to work independently when required;
● Previous experience in creating concept art and art bible for new games;
● At least, upper-intermediate level of English;
Nice to have:
● Experience in Unity engine art pipeline: working with the development team, implementing assets, and optimizing.
● Experience with 3D modeling and modeling software (Zbrush, Blender, etc.);
● Knowledge and understanding of 2D animation using Spine;
● Previous experience of working on “Scapes” type of games (creating an isometric world/map) (Gardenscapes, homescapes, etc).
● Create top-notch, high quality and polished characters, environments, and UI elements;
● Create 2D sketches and stylized concepts for characters, backgrounds, and objects;
● Create marketing and supporting visual materials;
● Pay high attention to detail and instructions provided, ensure the art provided adheres to the art direction of the game;
● Documentation: Doing research, collecting references and creating briefs for asset design, creating art guidelines;
● Work with the Art Director to handle all art-related aspects of a game (UI/UX design, concept art, icon design, character design, environmental art);
● Work closely with the development team on implementing art assets to Unity, verify the quality of work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
● Be proactive, identify and solve problems to improve the art pipeline.
● Interview with an Art Director (in English);
● Test assignment;
● Interview with an Art Director and a CEO (in English).
What we offer:
● Remote-first model of work;
● Typical working hours are from 9 am — 6 pm (can be flexible to a degree e.g. +/- 2 hours difference);
● 18 paid vacation days;
● 10 paid sick leaves;
● Registering as a private entrepreneur;
● Internal referral program;
● Health insurance in Ukraine;
● Educational compensation.