Quantum is a global technology partner delivering high-end software products that address real-world problems.
We advance emerging technologies for outside-the-box solutions. We focus on Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, GIS, MLOps, Blockchain, and more.
Here at Quantum, we are dedicated to creating state-of-art solutions that effectively address the pressing issues faced by businesses and the world. To date, our team of exceptional people has already helped many organizations globally attain technological leadership.
We constantly discover new ways to solve never-ending business challenges by adopting new technologies, even when there isn’t yet a best practice. If you share our passion for problem-solving and making an impact, join us and enjoy getting to know our wealth of experience!
About the position
Quantum is expanding the team and has brilliant opportunities for a Senior Python Developer. We are looking for a person who specializes in developing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) navigation applications. This person should combine expertise in software development with a deep understanding of UAV technology and navigation principles, as well as be aware of DS approaches in general.
If you want to work on areas related to Data Analysis, medicine, image processing, and solving real-world challenges with innovative technologies, apply for the vacancy below.
Must have skills:
- Programming skills: proficiency in programming languages commonly used for UAV navigation applications, such as Python (C++ or Golang is a plus); experience with Python development frameworks and libraries
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting: strong problem-solving skills to address technical challenges and troubleshoot issues that may arise during UAV navigation software development
- Code optimization: experience with profiling of multiprocess and multithreaded applications
- System security: knowledge of security approaches and skills to work with NDA projects
- At least an Upper-Intermediate level of English (spoken and written)
Nice to have skills:
- Navigation Algorithms: Understand and implement navigation algorithms specific to UAVs, including but not limited to: path planning and obstacle avoidance algorithms; GPS-based navigation and geospatial data processing; inertial navigation systems (IMU) integration
- Flight Control Systems: Familiarity with UAV flight control systems and protocols, such as PX4 and ArduPilot
- Remote Sensing and Telemetry. Knowledge of remote sensing technologies and data transmission protocols for real-time monitoring and control of UAVs
- Geospatial Data. Understanding of geospatial data formats, GIS (Geographic Information Systems), and the ability to process and analyze geospatial data for navigation and mapping purposes
- Hardware Integration. The capability to interface with and integrate various sensors and peripherals on UAVs, including cameras, lidar, GPS receivers, and microcontrollers
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision. As we are working on autonomous decision-making, understanding the core principles of integration is required
- Simulation and Testing. Experience in simulating UAV environments and conducting thorough testing to ensure the reliability and safety of navigation systems(Airsim, Gazebo, UnrealEngine would be a plus)
Your tasks will include:
- Integrate algorithms and UAV
- Taking part in test flights
- Working on solution optimization and speed up
- Adapting the solution to different boards
- Pipeline creation and automation
- Work on system security
- Delivering high-end software projects that address real-world problems
- Surrounding experts who are ready to move forward professionally
- Professional growth plan and team leader support
- Taking ownership of R&D and socially significant projects
- Participation in worldwide tech conferences and competitions
- Taking part in regular educational activities
- Being a part of a multicultural company with a fun and lighthearted atmosphere
- Working with flexible working hours
- Paid vacation and sick leave days
Join Quantum and take a step toward your data-driven future.