We’re looking for a Java Engineer to act as a fully dedicated, integrated extension of the engineering team for an open source project.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of working experience with Java;
- Experience with Docker;
- Solid experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch;
- Working experience with SQL, NoSQL DB;
- Experience with data processing systems and processes related to data manipulations (data engineering, ETL, etc.);
- Hands-on experience with unit testing;
- Upper-Intermediate English.
- Develop new product features;
- Dedicate 80% of your work to the backend and 20% to frontend (such as dashboards on React, possible to learn along the way);
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits;
- Ensure the goals are met and ensure the quality of the code via a standard code review process;
- Work according to the Scrum framework: biweekly sprints, demos, retrospectives, planning meetings.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours;
- Direct communication with C-levels;
- Collaborative, friendly team environment;
- Remote/hybrid work;
- Company equipment provision.
- Maternity and paternity leaves;
- Proxet Culture Club events;
- Company social events;
- Annual corporate parties.
- Comprehensive medical insurance and sports benefits;
- Mental health program with private consultations;
- Live webinar with therapists;
- Paid sick leaves.
- Allowances for professional education;
- English courses with native speakers;
- Internal knowledge-sharing sessions.
About the project:
DataHub is an open-source tool for data ingestion, such as data collection, analysis, and manipulation, with an extensible metadata platform that enables data discovery, data observability, and federated governance to help users navigate its complexities.
The project’s target audience includes engineers, programmers, data engineers, and data scientists.
About the client:
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company that uses the latest scientific techniques to produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyze world data.