The Technology Organization (Product, Engineering and Data Science) at Thrasio is responsible for building the internal tools that will help ensure data quality and create opportunity for our great people here to quickly access data and make decisions related to growth of our brands (soon to be thousands of products) as we continue our goal of being the number one seller on Amazon.
In this role, you will be at the center of all the decision support for the company as we use the latest ML/DL and data science techniques to continuously optimize every aspect of the business, including inventory management, forecasting, lead gen analysis, keyword optimization and a whole new category of decision management for day to day operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or technical equivalent and 5+ years of experience in data science type roles;
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL;
- Machine Learning experience: supervised/unsupervised learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, deep learning, time series, etc.; Prophet, ARIMA, deepaAR, RNNs, ranking (LTR) work is a plus;
- MLOps experience: deployment, serving, tracking, monitoring;
- Experience with databases (SQL/NoSQL) and data warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake);
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions;
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value;
- Be really excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling e-commerce in an entirely different way;
- Good written and spoken English.
Will be a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science and 10+ years of experience post degree in data analyst or science roles;
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, Operations Research, etc.;
- Product Ecommerce experience;
- Experience with ETL (Spark) and workflow management systems (Airflow, Argo).
- Owning the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value;
- Developing quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques;
- Architecting and building technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale;
- Using data to improve the decision-making of everyone at Thrasio, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers;
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing and creative teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy;
- Provide technical leadership and strategic initiatives for your team;
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data — while this is primarily a technical role, we value the communication of ideas and want to expose data science to the company at large.
— Challenging work in an international professional environment;
— The long-standing team as this is for a long term project;
— Competitive salary;
— Flexible work-from-home & remote work policy;
— Mastering the English language with a native speaker;
— 40-hour work week with flexible working hours;
— PE accounting and support;
— 20 paid vacation days per year;
— 14 paid sick days per year;
— Collaborative friendly team environment;
— Cozy fully equipped office space in the city center.
About the project:
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally—most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic.