Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data at Thrasio such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that we’re syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
- 5+ years of work experience;
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language;
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models;
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment;
- Experience with observability in distributed and service-oriented systems;
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices;
- Experience with API design and best practices;
- Exposure to modern frontend development technologies (e.g. React, Vue);
- Good written and spoken English.
Will be a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience;
- Expert level programming skills with Python;
- Knowledge of python frameworks, such as Django, Flask, etc.;
- Experience architecting client-side Single Page Applications;
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment.
- Design, build, test and operate services, APIs and databases that will be responsible for being the source of truth for data that is core to Thrasio’s business and will be leveraged by teams across the company;
- Contribute to adding functionality and features to our internal portal for teams to interact with and manage the data within the services that the team is responsible for;
- Work closely with Data Connectivity and Data Warehouse teams to standardize on how data is represented in data warehouses and visualizations as well as across 3rd party services;
- Partner with other engineers and product managers on the team to build and groom a roadmap of new ideas and improvements to the services and UIs within the domain based on customer feedback;
- Contribute to the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes;
- Train and mentor junior engineers on the team.
About the project:
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally—most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic.