Picsart is looking for a Backend Engineer to join the Search Engine team. The team will focus on data engineering, A/B experiments framework, AI/ML solutions, Core Index, facade APIs, working with all teams to help them build new innovative solutions.
If you are at a crossroads in your career growth and looking for experience to enhance and emphasize your talent and ambitions, the Search Engine team is the right fit for you to get involved and offer the best of your ideas and potential. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute your innovative ideas and leadership talent while building the next generation of search technologies to perfect the future of organizational communication.
- 5+ years of experience with NodeJS;
- Experience with building RESTful services;
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB;
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing and knowledge of corresponding frameworks, such as Mocha/Jest;
- Good knowledge of one relational or non-relational database;
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms;
- Upper-Intermediate written and spoken English.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Java and Spring framework is a plus;
- Knowledge of design principles of high-performance scalable applications is a plus;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus;
- Experience with Search Engines (ElasticSearch/Solr) is a plus;
- Experience with key-value databases such as Redis is a plus.
- Build mission-critical applications that process ten thousand requests per second through a microservices architecture;
- Develop APIs and integrations for a large-scale application according to business needs and priorities;
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable;
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment;
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure the high quality of the application.
- Challenging work in an international professional environment;
- Supportive team atmosphere on long-term projects;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home & remote work policy;
- Mastering the English language with a native speaker in individual and group settings;
- 40-hour work week with flexible daily work hours;
- PE accounting and support;
- 20 total paid vacation days per year;
- 14 total paid sick days per year;
- Collaborative, friendly team environment;
- Cozy, fully-equipped office spaces in the city center.
About the project:
Picsart is the world’s largest creative platform and a top 20 most downloaded app of 2020. Every month, the Picsart community creates, remixes and shares over a billion visual stories using the company’s powerful and easy-to-use editing tools. Picsart has amassed one of the largest open-source content collections in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, backgrounds, templates and more. It is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android and Windows devices. Picsart is backed by Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Partners, and Siguler Guff & Company.