At Provectus, we are obsessed with technologies that impact the future of the whole of humanity. Just imagine: AI for curing eye diseases, ML for making factories safe for workers, preventing pandemic spreading, etc. It’s not about the future, it’s about the products we’ve already developed with #ProvectusTeam.
Join us if you have the same passion for making products using AI/ML technologies, cloud services, and data engineering.
Join us if you value a friendly corporate environment, and almost a family-driven approach to every employee.
Join us if you want to grow professionally and are ready for learning new things constantly.
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll be provided with all opportunities for development and growth.
What is required:
- 3-4 years of experience with large scale Hadoop environment build and support including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning, and monitoring;
- Strong understanding of Hadoop ecosystems such as HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Zookeeper, and Hive;
- 2-3 years of experience with Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop (CDH);
- 2-3 years of experience with AWS;
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity practices in Hadoop stack;
- A deep understanding of Hadoop design principles, cluster connectivity, security, and the factors that affect distributed system performance;
- Experience with Impala and Hive;
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and setting up large clusters;
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems commonly used in production environments;
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve production systems issues;
- Technical documentation skill on supported application and Operational tool;
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop monitoring tools.
Good to have:
- Experience with Node js, Java, SQL, and UNIX tools and UNIX shell scripting is a huge plus;
- Experience with Salt for configuration management;
- Experience with RunDeck and NewRelic for job orchestration and monitoring;
- Experience with RHEL 5 or 6 Linux.
What we offer:
- Attractive professional and educational opportunities, a competitive salary, and fun colleagues who make every online and offline event a treat.
- Find out more about our company: provectus.com.
- Process data from multiple sources;
- Development of data pipelines and Data platform for aggregating Big Data information;
- Setting up and maintaining Hadoop and AWS EMR.
Briefly about us:
- Provectus is an Artificial Intelligence consultancy and solutions provider, helping businesses achieve their objectives through AI. We are recognized by industry analysts as a leading provider of AI solutions in specific business domains, driven by sophisticated IT service management and tech innovation. Provectus is a value driver and a trusted partner for our clients and employees.
- Your first project could be a blockchain platform that is used by retail, commercial customers, and global financial institutions. The client is a FinTech market leader in Global Payment Solutions with its own blockchain and cryptocurrency. A platform offers connections to hundreds of financial institutions around the world via a single API and makes moving money faster, cheaper, and more reliable. Provectus helps to build Data Engineering, ML solutions and get even more benefits from aggregating Big Data information.
We are waiting for you to become a part of our team!