We are looking for an excellent Python Engineer to join our product company as a team lead!
Every day, somewhere in the world, important decisions are made. Whether it is a private equity company deciding to invest millions into a business or a large corporation implementing a new strategic direction, these decisions impact employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Consulting and private equity firms come to proSapient when they need to gather knowledge, critical to ensuring they make the right decision. It is our mission to provide them with this knowledge efficiently and collaboratively.
In the four years since proSapient was founded, we have grown to 250 colleagues. This year alone, we are on track to more than double in size! In order to support this growth, we raised a $10m Series A round led by Smedvig Capital.
Our talented client service teams use a combination of their initiative and leading technology to locate industry experts all around the world. These experts will have significant experience in various industries and provide insights to our clients via conference calls and surveys.
Our market-leading platform curates insight which helps our clients to make bigger, better decisions with less effort. We believe in the right insights and not the most insights.
Insight can sometimes be found within your own organization, hidden within terabytes of files and folders. Our platform helps to surface these insights when they are needed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional Team Lead to join our rapidly expanding business and run a Python focussed engineering team. This team will focus on a number of integral services to our business including transcription, payment as well as a rebuild of our software platform focussed on our experts
- Lead our newly minted Python Team (1x BE, 1x FE, 1xQA, 1xPO)
- Gain a deep understanding of our team culture and development process
- Build your people into excellent engineers
- Instil the agile approach to development within your team
- Take responsibility for the planning, development and deployments of the products under your purview
- Follow and improve upon our Secure Development Lifecycle
- Build a deep partnership with the team’s product owner
- Lead the technical architecture of your product suite with support from the technical director and dev-ops teams
- Ensure high code quality standards and rigorous processes are followed
- Participate in the active coding of your products
- You must be fluent in Russian and have advanced English language skills. Ukrainian is a bonus
- You must be passionate about our mission, supporting our colleagues and our clients in the discovery of knowledge. You will be spending your time ensuring our mission is a successful one and so a passion for the product and the problem is vital.
- You have at least 3 years of experience developing commercial code in Python. Full stack skills are preferred but not required
- Experience with building easy-scale, fault-tolerant SOA applications
- Experience with Redis, ElastiCache, AWS services (SQS, S3, RDS)
- Good understanding of DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker CI/CD)
- Understanding how to build logging and monitoring systems
- You have past experience managing teams
- You are highly communicative and able to bring the best out of a cross-functional team of engineers
- You enjoy developing the careers of engineers who report into you
- You have a high-quality pedigree with innovative and leading former companies on your CV
- You have created high-performance technical organisations in the past
- You have experience creating a suite of services integrated via API
Good to know
- Python 3 annotations
- Experience with NoSQL databases such a MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Natural language processing skills (NLTK)
- Experience with Dramatiq
- Experience with pythonic linters such a flake8, pylint, bandit