The ideal candidate for the Staff Back-end Engineer will possess the following skills and experience:
• Programming experience: JAVA 8 (Spring/Boot), JAVA 10, Python, Jama, Jira, Taiga, Trello, Docker, SonarQube, IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, JPA, Coverity, Git, Jenkins, Container orchestration.
• Development experience: Agile Software Development, Server-side tools and service infrastructures, Microsoft Azure will be a plus, Docker containers, RESTful APIs, software architecture , testing & debugging, unit testing, expertise with multi-threading and concurrency, experience with hybrid desktop applications will be a plus.
• Database experience: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer, Apache, Linux NoSQL: datastream processing: KAFKA, SPARK, etc. is a plus; ontology engineering (RDF, SPARQL, Apache Jena) would be a plus.
• Develop and manage API resources across devices
• Understanding of system architecture & data science, understanding of cloud development
• Application development that provides support, security, and content-management for the front-end
• Familiarity with front-end web technologies
• Adept at problem-solving & critical thinking, attention to detail
• Good communication skills and teamwork
• Good understanding of the project and software development lifecycle, preferably experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
• Strong English skills, written and spoken
• The opportunity to work with the biggest players in the aviation world
• Direct influence on the future of aviation
• Working in international team
• Care of your body, soul, and well-being
• After work activities
• Performs development, maintenance, and unit tests for a software computer software configuration item by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
• Performs code walkthroughs. Develops/decomposes, documents and maintains designs for a software computer software component consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
• Ensures application of best practices.
• Supports integration efforts of complex systems, applying comprehensive knowledge of system domain areas to resolve complex integration issues.
• Prioritizes development tasks and supports detail design reviews.
• Performs computer software component requirements change assessment.
• Supports requirements team lead in negotiating computer software configuration item interfaces and Requirements.
• Participates in internal and external design reviews, when required.
Successful candidates will be working on digital transformation projects driving innovation in the aviation industry. The research and software prototyping projects include elements of machine learning, analysis of big data, and deriving insights behind multiple data sources. Technologies can include image recognition & computer vision, automatic speech recognition, natural language processing and data science. The candidates will apply these methods and technologies to real world challenges of the aviation industry.