PRODUCTECH is a product development and distribution company with operations in the USA and Europe, with a mission to bring accessible technology to any doorstep. From product idea to post-purchase experience, we deliver smart and high-quality devices to our customers worldwide and we are the Top Seller on the biggest online shopping platforms (e-commerce) and offline sales channels. Founded in 2015 with headquarters in Miami, USA.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Manager. The primary purpose of the role is to contribute sales and profits increase of the Company by:
- searching, selection and continuous expansion of the base of reliable suppliers;
- competent negotiations with suppliers in order to obtain the best commercial terms of cooperation;
- ensuring the fulfillment of obligations by suppliers through the conclusion of contracts on favorable terms for the company.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
1. Analysis and study of the supplier market in China. Search, selection and formation of a supplier base:
- to formulate requirements and participate in the search and selection of suppliers (including the conduct of primary and secondary audits);
- to look for and develop new ways to find suppliers;
- to evaluate and select suppliers’ offerings, including in terms of estimated margin and selling price of launch products;
- to present the results of the search and selection of suppliers and products to the Product team;
- to interact and maintain quality relationships with suppliers to be the first to receive up-to-date information about the launch of new products, lines and technologies.
2. Collection, preparation of information and negotiation with suppliers:
- to understand, analyze and regularly collect information about all factors affecting the formation of the final cost of purchasing goods;
- to evaluate the relevance of price offers from suppliers based on an assessment of the cost of components and production of goods, including goods of competitors;
- to monitor regularly changes in the cost of components, production, raw materials, exchange rates and other factors affecting the change in the purchase cost of goods;
- to form target results of negotiations with suppliers;
- to collect and prepare information and arguments for effective negotiations;
- to conduct effective negotiations with suppliers in order to obtain the best commercial terms of cooperation;
- to formulate requirements and develop contracts with suppliers;
- to negotiate with suppliers in order to conclude contracts on favorable terms for the company;
- to work regularly on improving the skills of effective negotiation;
- to use new knowledge and demonstrate the best results.
3. Organization and control of interaction with the supplier. Ensuring that the supplier fulfills contractual obligations:
- to coordinate and place orders with suppliers for the production of goods;
- to verify and ensure that the required certificates and other necessary documentation for the company’s products are in place;
- to control and interact with the supplier on the production of orders (to provide packaging materials, control deadlines, agree on controversial issues etc.)
- to control the terms and conditions of payments, conduct mutual settlements with suppliers;
- to monitor compliance with all terms of contracts with suppliers; promptly respond to non-compliance with conditions and take effective actions to resolve disputes;
- to collect information and make claims to suppliers (including on the quality of products); conduct reclamation activities with suppliers in order to obtain compensation for damages / unfulfilled obligations.
4. Management and development of the Procurement department in the company:
- to determine the priorities and directions for the development of the company’s Procurement department, participate in the development and implementation of the department’s development strategy;
- to form and implement a development plan for each supplier based on the interests and goals of the company;
- to analyze and optimize the costs and processes of the Procurement department;
- to participate in the formation of a procurement plan for planning the company’s cash flow.
- higher education;
- English (intermediate and above) — both spoken and written. Knowledge of Chinese will be a significant advantage;
- ability to analyze, organize and present information, to work with Excel and Google Spreadsheets at an advanced level;
- 5 years of experience working with suppliers in China;
- knowledge of manufacturers in China: constant study and possession of information (database) etc.;
- at least 3 years of experience in negotiating and concluding contracts;
- presence of pronounced leadership qualities with a proactive lifestyle;
- leadership experience, project management skills;
- high level of professional interest and involvement in work, high level of ownership;
- high level of awareness, professional maturity and confidence, honest, persistent, pedantic in work;
- able to influence and convince at a high level, purposeful;
- possess excellent communication skills aimed at building long-term professional relationships, negotiating and contracting skills;
- it is important to be involved in the company’s success;
- able to work in multitasking mode, high level of productivity;
- able to prioritize tasks and keep abreast.
- stable work in a strong team of professionals, where you can take the initiative, offer new solutions, ideas and influence the overall result;
- competitive salary + KPIs bonuses;
- remote work, working hours 09:00 — 18:00;
- official employment.