• Strong Ruby programmer who can read/write/refactor code efficiently.
• Good with SOLID and modern architecture patterns
• A pro in ActiveRecord
• Understanding database design principles and relational relationships
• Good at Haml, Saas Bootstrap, and styling.
• Effective at debugging and profiling.
• Comfortable office near the metro.
• Flexible working hours.
• Vacation and sick days.
• English courses.
• Conferences and courses on the company dime.
• Salary review every half a year.
• Any stuff for your work.
• Open-minded team.
You will be working with a small full-stack team, developing end-to-end features for role-based content workflows for this CMS app. We have quick iterations and deploy improvements 3 or more times per week.
Membean provides a rich and engaging online vocabulary learning experience for students while enabling teachers with well-crafted assessments. We use various information types and multimedia assets for each vocabulary word. Our editors use a custom CMS to create, edit, approve and deploy these items for the app and student use.
About the project’s technologies:
• Ruby 2.6.3, Rails 5.x and its evolution
• Code Patterns: Decorator, Null Object, Strategy, Proxy, Adapter
• Gems: AASM, Hashie, Pundit, Draper, WiceGrid, Dotenv, Wisper
• Background workers Sidekiq, ActiveJob
• MySQL 5.7.x with/without ActiveRecord, MySQL Views approach
• ElasticSearch 6
• Redis and Rails.cache
• AWS S3
• TDD with RSpec is welcome on top of Cucumber and Capybara, JSONPath
• Code flow: git, robocop, overcommit
• CI/CD: TeamCity via Capistrano
• Optionally Vue.js