We are looking for a Solution Architect who will be the engineering owner of our real-time trading and research infrastructure. Every day our algorithms process more than 500 million data points. As a result, low latency and fault tolerance are essential for us. We are looking for a professional passionate about financial markets and algorithmic trading who will lead our team of developers in maintaining and improving the existing IT infrastructure. This position involves possible progression to the CTO of the project and trading profit sharing.
- Get a deep understanding of current architecture and generate an improvement plan.
- Lead the team of backend developers and data engineers.
- Ensure infrastructure and services design is highly available, scalable and fault-tolerant.
- Define operations requirements and guidelines for new services.
- Implement zero downtime and canary deployment strategies for trading applications.
- Review and design CI/CD pipelines.
- Design and plan disaster recovery architecture.
- Capacity planning and autoscaling.
- Ensure services have good observability and operability: monitoring/logging/distributed transactions tracing.
- Take an active part in decision-making regarding further architecture development.
- Continuously improve quality of service and internal culture
- Prepare solution documents with architecture and infrastructure diagrams
- 5+ years in software development.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS).
- 2+ years of leading/management experience.
- 3+ years as an architect.
- Broad experience working with high-load systems.
- Experience working with streaming data processing pipelines.
Hands-on experience in Python and one of the languages: C++/Go.
Strong experience with:
- Kubernetes and its ecosystem: Helm, Docker, Argocd.
- Infrastructure as a code tool: Terraform.
- Message brokers: Apache Kafka/Redpanda.
- SQL database: ClickHouse, PostgreSQL.
- Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) and CLI tools: bash, sed, awk, sysctl.
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls, load balancers (Nginx/f5).
- Security principles and best practices.
- Configuration management tools (Ansible).
- CI/CD tools (GitLab Artifactory, Jenkins).
- Cloud providers: AWS, GCP.
- Orchestration platforms: Kubernetes.
- Data processing principles and techniques (asynchronous, parallel, batch processing).
- ETL Engineering
- Monitoring and logging systems: Grafana, Prometheus, Elastic Stack, Splunk, Jaeger.
- Containerization-related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Microservices architecture, REST APIs & API Gateways principles and patterns.
- Transforming existing products.
- Developing microservice platforms.
- Technical/engineering background or engineering education.
- Management and delivery of complex integrations and infrastructure projects
- Software Development, DevSecOps, Site Reliability, and/or Systems Engineering.
- Building and deploying solutions as containers on a cloud platform using an automated CI / CD pipeline.
- Configuring, monitoring, and handling scaling infrastructure in the cloud.
- Real-time observability solutions that provide visibility into system health.