We release our product 50-60 times per day by leveraging technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, and top-notch CI/CD processes. Our tech stack also includes AWS, Terraform, Helm, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, PostgreSQL, Python, NodeJS, Jenkins, and Packer. Visit our Tech Radar to learn more about the technologies we use at Preply.
Join Preply engineering!
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 50,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than 15 million lessons.
Backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalized learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As a fast-growing company, we have diverse technical challenges — sometimes we even write about them on our Engineering Blog — that will allow you to develop your skills at scale. We also A/B test most of our changes in production, both from a product and a technical perspective, before scaling it to all customers.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Build and maintain the infrastructure for an internal team of ~150 developers and around ~7 million global visitors;
- Create and maintain the ultimate CI/CD system;
- Develop and support the monitoring and alerting systems;
- Help with automatization and implementation of DevOps processes;
- Understand business needs and translate them into technical solutions;
- Create tooling for the automation of internal processes.
What we are looking for:
- Deep understanding of CI/CD;
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Experience with automatic deployment tools, such as Docker Compose and Helm;
- Solid scripting skills such as: Python, Shell (Bash);
- Experience with Terraform;
- Strong knowledge with solutions based on Linux systems;
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider;
- Understanding of Networking: network topologies and common network protocols and services;
- Willingness to do (paid) on-call work;
- Minimum B2 English level.
Nice to have:
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional development at a high-growth trajectory company with solid investor backing;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com;
- A competitive financial package with equity, generous leave allowance and health insurance;
- A hybrid set-up with the possibility of remote work and flexible working hours.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions.
- Learners-obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply.com is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe that the presence of different opinions and viewpoints is a key ingredient for our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.