Booking squad is responsible for lesson scheduling, messaging and video quality in Preply’s virtual classroom. Our mission is to help students easily find time slots to book lessons and have excellent video and audio during lessons. We’re constantly iterating over ideas and hypotheses by launching A/B tests to improve customer experience.
A few details about our zones of ownership:
One of our major focuses is the video platform. We’re steadily working on optimizing it to provide stable and enjoyable video calls quality to our students and tutors.
We believe it’s essential to help our tutors and students stay connected, so we’re working hard on improving our Messaging tools.
Lessons scheduling is a crucial part of our platform. It helps our students find a suitable time for their lessons. We make tech and product improvements to make this process smooth and fast.
You, as a part of Booking Squad, will:
• You will work in a cross-functional team and collaborate closely with frontend engineers to deliver backend services for various product initiatives and experiments. You will be customer-focussed and make pragmatic technical decisions that balance speed of delivery with quality and maintainability.
• Collaborate with your team as you design and implement robust, readable, well-tested and solutions
• Develop back-end and database driven unit-tested features using Python language and Django frameworks
• Develop GraphQL endpoints to be consumed by frontend (our frontend stack is React/TypeScript).
• Learn the needs of our users and define solutions with your product manager and tech lead. Think beyond the code and about our customers.
• Help us make our best practices even better (test culture, code reviews, mentoring)
• Design an API along with fellow back-end engineers.
• Preplers are encouraged to generate and launch their own ideas.
We work in small teams, thus you will be able to influence system design and contribute a lot in the company’s growth, also we promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
We’re using modern stack, you can check it here: tech-radar.preply.com
Our Engineering Blog: medium.com/preply-engineering
Open source github.com/...reply/graphene-federation
What we are looking for:
• Strong knowledge of Python and Django.
• 3+ years of commercial experience.
• High proficiency with testing tools (unit test/pytest) and passion to write unit/integration tests.
• Experience developing web applications.
• A great collaborator with excellent communication skills.
• High level of self-organization, ownership and responsibility.
• Minimum B2 English level.
• Good understanding of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
• Bonus skills: Django, RabbitMQ, Celery, GraphQL, AWS, k8s, hands on experience with containerisation (preferably Docker), bash, elasticsearch.
• Good understanding of HTTP protocol.
• Experience with high-load architecture.
What we offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
• Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative.
• An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
• An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
• A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
• A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Preply is a fast growing product company at an early stage of development, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. 270+ people are currently working on building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Kyiv and Barcelona.
We have more than 37 nationalities on board, that work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. We offer remote working days and the possibility to use our platform for self-development. We challenge each other to learn more and faster, while promoting creative power and free will. Personal growth, a friendly and hierarchy-free atmosphere are guaranteed!
Openness, effectiveness and global mindset are the main characteristics of our people. Our goal is to make Preply a leading platform in online tutoring that will help people from all over the world achieve their life goals faster!