Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than five million lessons.
Backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalized learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 220+ employees of over 37 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player who will support finance and management teams with accurate and data backed analytics and insights to increase operational efficiency and support the company growth. A professional with a growth mindset able to sustain fast-growing business challenges and ensure effective collaboration across multiple departments.
As a Financial Analyst, you will::
• Work with management on identifying new growth opportunities, support in implementing key initiatives and completing ad hoc projects to drive the company’s success.
• Create and deliver key financial and operational metrics to support management reporting.
• Creating new reports and implementing new business processes to ensure necessary and accurate information is being shared between stakeholders on a timely basis.
• Support financial planning and budgeting process.
• Gather necessary data and collaborate with the Data Team to ensure its availability as required on a regular basis.
• Ensure following monthly cadence of required financial reporting and analysis in the company.
• Conduct necessary researches on providing recommendations.
• Prepare insightful financial and operational analytics to support growth plans.
• Perform ad hoc analysis on different business matters (e.g. factor and variance analysis and explanation of deviations).
What we are looking for:
• English level: upper-intermediate and above.
• At least 3 years of experience in financial/business analysis (preferably in international companies).
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to reconcile data.
• Proficiency in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, macro) and other analytical tools (knowledge of SQL, experience in Tableau, Power BI would be a plus).
• Experience in preparing and analysis of Financial Statements (corporate reporting would be a plus).
• Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks would be a plus).
• Hand-on approach is a must.
• Self-support and stress resistance.
What we offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
• Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative.
• An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
• An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
• A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
• A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.