We are currently looking for a Back-end Engineer to join our Platform tribe.
At Preply we believe that data is one of our main strategic resources that backups all our product and business decisions.
This role at Preply combines software development, data and operations skills to guarantee quality and consistency of the data across different storages and data sources.
You’ll be responsible for integrations with 3rd party analytics tools, monitoring and guarantee consistency in event tracking across the platform; own tracking pipeline from event firing to storing it in data lake and data warehouse.
You’ll work closely with product and marketing teams to develop our tracking system in the most efficient way.
As a Back-end Engineer, you will:
• Be responsible for events delivery and consistency.
• Integration with 3rd party analytics tools.
• Own event tracking pipeline.
• Own and improve product tracking across the project.
• Scale event tracking infrastructure to capture company growth.
• Collaborate with product & marketing teams to help them tackle technical issues.
• Establish credibility with the quality of the team’s technical execution.
We work in small teams, thus you will be able to influence system design and contribute a lot in the company’s growth, also we promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
We’re using modern stack, you can check it here: tech-radar.preply.com
Our Engineering Blog: medium.com/preply-engineering
Open source github.com/...reply/graphene-federation
What we are looking for:
• Passion about working with data.
• Strong SQL skills.
• 2+ years of Web development experience.
• 3+ years of Python experience.
• Expertise in problem solving and analyzing high loaded systems.
• Business-oriented & data-driven person.
• Minimum B2 English level is a must.
Nice to haves:
• Redshift, Postgresql, Redis, Kafka.
• Experience with analytics tools like Amplitude, Countly, Heap, etc.
• Experience with DataDog, k8s, Docker, Helm.
• Experience with Django.
What we offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
• Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative.
• An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
• An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
• A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
• A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.