Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than five million lessons.
Backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalized learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 220+ employees of over 37 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
We are currently looking for a Front-end role to join our Engineering team. We have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills across our stack. We also A/B test most of our changes in production, both from a product and a technical perspective before scaling it to all customers.
Activation team is responsible for tutor search pages and our mission is to help students to find a suitable tutor in the most comfortable way. These pages are visited by tens of thousands of users daily, coming from search engines and marketing campaigns. We’re constantly iterating over ideas and hypotheses by launching A/B tests to improve user experience.
Our current and future projects:
• We’re taking website speed performance very seriously. We need to improve our custom-built page load speed monitoring system and use it to optimise website performance through A/B testing to make sure our pages load as fast as possible.
• We have a lot of ideas for enriching user experience on our website with improvements to filters, user registration, tutors’ calendars, tutors’ cards, mobile version of the website.
What you’ll do:
• Be an impactful contributor to the team to deliver maximal business value by planning, designing, and building elegant solutions, and any other applicable activities not limited to tech only.
• Collaborate with fellow software engineers, product manager, designer, UX writer and data analyst.
• Launch product and technical A/B tests to improve user experience on the website.
• Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take responsibility for the components that you develop.
• Design an API along with fellow back-end engineers.
We work in small teams, thus you will be able to influence system design and contribute a lot in the company’s growth, also we promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
What we are looking for:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• At least 3 years of experience working as a front-end engineer.
• Experience with TypeScript, Next.js, Node.js, GraphQL is a plus.
• Experience with back-end development using Python and Django is a plus.
• A customer-centric, empathetic mindset focused on improving user experience.
• An ability to focus on what counts, creating simple solutions to deliver fast results.
• A passion for learning and desire for self-improvement.
• Exceptional soft skills, easy-going mindset, tolerance to risks
• High level of self-organization, ownership, responsibility.
• Minimum B2 English level.
What we offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
• Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative.
• An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
• An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
• A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
• A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Few more insights on what we do:
Our Engineering Blog: medium.com/preply-engineering
We’re using modern stack, you can check it here: tech-radar.preply.com