Preply is a fast-growing ed-tech company, backed by Europe’s most prominent investors. Since 2012 we are building a global human-to-human online tutoring marketplace with locations in Kyiv and Barcelona.
We work in small cross-functional teams to continuously improve and scale user experience. At Preply, we challenge each other to learn more and faster and promote a growth mindset in our daily work. We guarantee a friendly and multinational atmosphere within the team that you’ll fall in love with.
We are currently looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our Supply team.
This person is expected to work on the supply side of our platform: tutor registration flow, calendar and scheduling.
We work in small product teams. You will play a key role in improving tutor experience on the platform, launching a lot of A/B tests and.
Our developers work on all parts of our system stack from improving the UX, to making our API more robust. We like to build user-facing features using React v16, NextJS, Apollo GraphQL client, styled-components, Storybook, TypeScript, Webpack, Gulp, Docker, AWS. A/B testing.
We release our product 20-40 times per day by leveraging modern technologies like Kubernetes (Skaffold+Helm), Docker and top-notch CI/CD process. We have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills across the stack.
Your expected outcomes:
• Continuously launch and take ownership on A/B tests to bring more value to our customers. We launch around 100 A/B tests each quarter.
• Communicate with product manager to optimize features scope and develop best user experience.
• Work with Typescript and Server Side Rendering (Next.js).
• Redesign some core part of functionalities to depict business evolution.
Your competency profile:
• Experience with Django, Flask, Postresql, GraphQL, Typescript, React, Webpack, Backbone is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexibility to optimize for users, not for yourself.
• Business-oriented & data-driven person.
What we offer:
• Work in the same office with easy-going and open-minded people from all over the world.
• Easy-to-reach location in the city center.
• Health insurance.
• Monthly bonus deposit for self-development on Preply.com
• Strong financial package, paid vacation and sick leave.
• Ability to work remotely 2 days per month.
• Possibility to become a part of a truly big story at the start of its development.
• Active office life with biweekly gatherings.