ARRISE powers Pragmatic Play, a leading supplier of player-favourite content to the iGaming industry.
We are a software development and services company delivering end-to-end digital solutions. Headquartered in Gibraltar with offices around the world, including Malta, Romania, India, Canada and Bulgaria, we are a global team of over 4,000 talented individuals with decades of experience across multiple industries and professions. Together, we form a cross-functional powerhouse that is driven to deliver.
This role is with the ARRISE group powering Pragmatic Play.
The PostgreSQL DBA will be responsible for deploying and maintaining PostgreSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications, and groups of users.
• The DBA should have knowledge of some industry standard PostgreSQL databases including creation and implementation of fully functional PostgreSQL database clusters (both in the cloud AWS RDS and on-premises), ability to maintain multiple development, QA, and production PostgreSQL environments with experience in performance tuning.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing PostgreSQL database upgrades and migrations.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing PostgreSQL database systems, both internally and future Cloud managed instances and will contribute in defining best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
• Proficient with the Linux operating systems — Ubuntu, RHEL.
• Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Perform debugging, tuning, and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the PostgreSQL platform.
• Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Requires 4 or more years of related experience, maintenance, and administration of PostgreSQL databases.
• Previous SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration experience is a plus.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
· Long-term employment.
· Paid vacation and sick leaves.
· Free English lessons.
· Corporate events and celebrations.
· Opportunity to growth within the company.
· Great motivated team.
· Comfortable working conditions.