At Portside, we are developing an operating system for business aviation: a set of integrated solutions addressing major industry pain points. Our platform supports operators of business jet, helicopter, medevac, and government fleets, as well as fractional jet ownership programs, charter brokers, and others in the business aviation industry. Founded by serial tech and aviation industry entrepreneurs in 2018 in San Francisco, California, the company has grown rapidly and we are currently supporting customers in 25+ countries around the world. We are a 40+ person globally distributed team (Europe, Asia, and North America), with plans to double over the next 12 months. To support our growth, we recently closed a $17 million Series A financing round led by Tiger Global, with participation by other prominent investors.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us scale the business.
What you will do
- Support all DevOps needs for several existing and new projects
- Serve as the main point of contact for product and engineering, help developers with design and deployment of new services
- Support multiple production and dev systems, CI/CD pipelines
- Drive continuous security improvements, monitor and resolve alerts
- Create and improve monitoring and logging configuration; define policy and best practices, apply to all projects
- Define best CI/CD practices and apply to all projects
- Perform periodic AWS resource and cost audit
- As we scale, our devops needs are becoming more complex, including multi-region and multi-cloud deployment architecture, working with third-party vendors on certifications and security-related projects, etc. You will play a key role in resolving these challenges.
Current tech stack
- Kubernetes: EKS
- Terraform, Terragrunt
- Github Actions as CI/CD
- Vector, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty
- Must be able to independently take ownership of complex problems and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills — this role is a key partner for our engineering team, customers and third-party vendors. Strong written English skills are required, spoken English is a plus (but optional).
- In-depth familiarity with the tools and technologies that we are using.
- Strong interest in improving data security through monitoring, regular vulnerability and penetration scanning, and system hardening.
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging work in a fast-growing product company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation package, including participation in the company’s stock option plan
- Holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro)