Help build technology that powers business aviation!
Portside is a venture capital backed company headquartered in San Francisco. We provide modern operational and financial software for the global business aviation industry, currently used by operators of 2,000+ business and government aircraft in 25+ countries. Our product and engineering team is based in Ukraine.
We help aircraft operators:
We help aircraft owners:
- aggregate aircraft data from multiple systems in a single data warehouse
- save thousands of hours every month by automating common business processes, e.g., aircraft owner billing statement (invoice) preparation
- improve profitability and enhance decision-making by introducing fleet-wide analytics and reporting
- gain access to their aircraft’s data, e.g., plane and crew schedules, financials, upcoming maintenance, subscriptions, budgets, and documents
- perform self-service, e.g., by requesting flights and approving charter requests
- In 2021, in addition to our core platform, we are working in partnership with some of the leading private jet operators in the world on several new strategic initiatives
- You will work closely with co-founders and customers to both execute on the new initiatives and enhance our existing platform, with short development cycles and immediate customer impact
- Help us grow into the leading financial & analytics platform for business aviation
- We are both well-funded and profitable
- Led by a seasoned executive team. Harvard Business School and Berkeley graduates. Founded a Y Combinator company before (GetGoing, acquired in 2016). Grew a business to $1B in annual sales. Developed one of Time Magazine’s “50 Best Websites”.
We are looking for a product manager to help us develop strategic new software modules and critical customer-requested enhancements. Our product and engineering team is currently ~20 strong (and growing). We use a modern technology stack, including:
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Back-end: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Devops: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Monitoring: Kibana, Sentry, LogRocket, Pagerduty, Prometheus, Grafana
- Custom reporting: Jaspersoft Studio
- Communication & design: JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Figma
What you will do
- Establish strong professional relationships with co-founders, product team, customers, designers and engineers to collaboratively build and then own significant parts of our growing product portfolio
- Connect technical and business worlds
- Break down complex problems into manageable parts ready for development
- Understand customer pain points and own and oversee development through the entire life cycle of designing, prototyping, developing, testing, shipping & supporting a solution
Who you are
- You are a true “roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and get code shipped” product owner. You know how to hustle to get things done. You are most likely coming from a startup, where you had sole responsibility for building and shipping a complex product; you may have co-founded a software startup before or were the first / sole product manager.
- You are very analytical. You like solving complex puzzles.
- You like working with data and have managed complex API integrations in the past.
- You are great with writing specs and technical documentation.
- You are an excellent communicator, and can explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Last but not least, you are self-driven, well organized, curious, and tenacious. You ask a lot of questions, dig deep, and come up with creative solutions. You execute reliably and with a great sense of ownership and accountability.
- Interest in or passion for aviation are a big plus!
What we offer
- a high-impact job with a unique opportunity to wear many hats, quick professional growth and lots of learning opportunities
- competitive compensation
- ability to work remotely anywhere in the European time zone
- no corporate bureaucracy
- holidays, 20 working days of vacation, and paid sick days