• 3+ years of experience in C/C++ Software engineering
• Knowledge of basic programming templates and their possible implementations in C and C++
• Experience with Linux applications development
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Good communication skills, ability to work in a team
• Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level
• OOD / design patterns experience
• Scripting language like Bash or Python
• Linux networking
• Experience with L2/L3 networking
• Experience with Docker, Vagrant
• Experience with SDN technologies (SDN Controllers, OpenFlow, Open vSwitch, Mininet or similar)
• Development of new software packages for an embedded Linux environment (Ethernet switching/routing products)
• Full development cycle methodology (from design/prototyping to final delivery to customer in high scale data centers)
• Develop code for industry leading open source products
• Documentation and infrastructure improvements and maintenance for the project
• OS customization
The project is focused on Stratum NOS (Network Operating System) designed for network appliances (switches, routers). The code base is written in C/C++ languages. NOS uses gRPC framework to enable switch control protocols. Three interfaces P4Runtime, gNMI and gNOI are implemented on top of gRPC. Domain-specific P4 language is used as a tool to define data-path pipeline structure and describe hardware abstraction layer (API) to configure and operate packet processing engines.
Project team develops and customizes software packages and components of the NOS. It results in fully functional L2/L3 device solution that can be installed in Linux environment running on a network hardware switch. Most of the work is done in collaboration with ONF community and open-sourced.
You’ll have a chance to contribute to open-source domain, propose solution designs, implement it and support them. The project will definitely give you a chance to grow up and increase your professional skills and expertise.