We are looking for a Quality Assurance Architect with in-depth knowledge of Python and strong understanding of networking technologies to join PLVision. Our ideal candidate should have profound experience working with enterprise-level software and performing advanced testing, both functional and non-functional.
As a Quality Assurance Architect, you will join our Architecture Office and play a crucial role in ensuring the quality of the innovative products we build for our customers, who value PLVision’s unique expertise in end-to-end networking software development. You will drive the design and implementation of test automation frameworks, with a focus on open-source networking operating systems and software.
At PLVision, we foster lifelong learning, encourage initiative and recognize our experts’ professional achievements. We offer numerous opportunities for professional growth in a thriving Ukrainian company with in-demand and future-proof specialization in computer networking.
A world’s leading US-based networking equipment, networking software and switching ASIC (chip) vendor. Their networking products enable turnkey solutions for datacenter, ISP/telcom and enterprise clients.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking and embedded systems. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and the EU countries to launch innovative products.
• Design and implement test automation frameworks for networking products, including switches, routers, smart NICs, and DPUs
• Develop and execute test plans for networking products to ensure they meet quality standards, including functional and non-functional requirements
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure that test automation is integrated into the development process and that issues are detected and addressed on time
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices for test automation and quality assurance in the networking industry
• Lead and mentor other members of the Quality Assurance and testing teams
• Active involvement in open-source communities related to networking products
• Knowledge of market trends in the networking industry and ability to align test automation strategies with customer product needs
• 8+ years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance with a focus on test automation and scripting
• Proficiency in Python programming language and experience with other scripting languages
• Test automation frameworks and scripting languages such as pytest, Robot Framework and unittest
• Experience of working in the networking industry, specifically with switches, routers, smart NICs and DPUs
• Experience with open-source networking operating systems and software, such as SONiC, DENT, Linux, Open vSwitch and DPDK
• In-depth knowledge of networking technologies, protocols and architectures, including L2/L3 switching, routing, load balancing and security
• Strong understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VLANs and VXLAN
• Strong understanding of the configuration and operation of switches, routers, smart NICs and DPUs
• Knowledge of software-defined networking (SDN) concepts and architectures such as OpenFlow and OVSDB
• Knowledge of network testing and monitoring tools such as Spirent, Ixia
• Knowledge of network emulation and simulation tools such as GNS3 and NS-3
• Experience with network testing tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, ping, etc.
• Experience with network automation and programmability using such tools as Ansible and REST APIs
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization tools such as VirtualBox, Docker and Kubernetes
• Good understanding of CI/CD processes
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a team