We are looking for a skilled Firmware Python Verification Engineer with 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Python programming to join PLVision’s expert team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring the quality and reliability of our customer’s products. You will work closely with hardware engineers to ensure seamless integration between firmware and networking equipment.
At PLVision you will get numerous opportunities to secure your career development while working in a thriving Ukrainian company with in-demand specialisation. We work with the latest technologies and contribute to open source, collaborating with professionals from Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, NVIDIA, Meta, and more. If you are seeking a long-term project in a future-proof technology domain, apply for this vacancy and become part of our expert community.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and Internet of Things connectivity. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and the EU countries to launch innovative products.
· Develop networking test cases for new and existing products with an emulation emphasis on the customer environments
· Perform research and analysis to implement the best solutions
· Cooperate with the internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify the system requirements
· Be a strong advocate of software quality
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software/Computer/Communications Engineering
· At least 2 years of experience in Python
· Strong understanding of OOAD (Object Oriented Analysis and Design)
· Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
· Experience with Linux at least at the user level
· Experience in Software Testing and Test Automation
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of technical English at the Intermediate level and higher
Vacancy plus options:
· Hands-on experience with Ethernet switches: Cisco/Arista/Juniper, Layer 2/Layer 3 switches and routers
· Basic knowledge of network communication protocols
· Knowledge of CI methodology and tools (Gerrit, Jenkins, etc.)
· Work experience in Agile/Scrum environment