We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer with in-depth Linux knowledge, excellent understanding of networking protocols, and perfect knowledge of Python. In this position, you will be a part of PLVision’s experienced team, enabling SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud) OS support on top of SAI (Switch Abstraction Interface) for a router product. SONiC is a cutting-edge technology, currently being the world’s most popular open-source network OS. The goal of our project is also to harden both SAI and SONiC-based products and ensure their highest quality. As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will work directly with the Customer as a member of the team responsible for development, integration, product support, and hardening activities.
At PLVision, you will have numerous opportunities for your continued professional growth while working with the latest technologies in the globally recognized community of experts. Our engineers constantly collaborate with technology leaders within open-source communities, and we welcome you to become a part of this valuable interaction and knowledge sharing.
There is a community-driven test suite available for SONiC. The verification team’s goal is to build a test environment and extend test coverage for switch/router products. The test part of the project extends from the development of the test environment, test strategy and test plan to the actual testing. On this project, you will work with various technologies — Python3, Bash, Linux, Docker — and the physical hardware.
Our customer is a leading global networking equipment, software, and switching ASIC (chip) vendor based in the U.S. Their networking products enable end-to-end solutions for data centers, ISP/Telecom, and enterprise clients.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and Internet of Things connectivity. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and the EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand on Ukraine, having invested all net income in 2022 to support the Armed Forces and the country, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.
• Enable regular quality evaluation for networking products by building and maintaining a stable test environment;
• Extend test coverage for new product features;
• Perform SONiC and SAI software testing for a set of platforms;
• Analyze requirements, Test Plan and Test Cases documents;
• Run test regressions for the product line and maintain test results documentation to assist in software debugging and modification;
• Implement new test suites and test cases to extend the regression coverage for new product features and protocols;
• Develop, modify and execute software test plans, automated scripts, and testing programs;
• Develop handy tools and scripts to automate build and test environments;
• Assist the engineering team with build issues, troubleshooting of build dependencies, and incremental build differences;
• Maintain and support the system and the tools necessary to build, integrate and test a software system.
• Test automation experience (Python/Ansible);
• In-depth Linux knowledge and strong Linux troubleshooting skills;
• Deep understanding of networking protocols (Layer 2 or Layer 3 networking protocols implementation, TCP sockets programming);
• 5+ years of commercial experience in Software Testing;
• Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level and higher.
Vacancy plus options:
• Experience with SAI/SONiC implementation and integration;
• Experience with NOS (Network Operating Systems) products testing;
• Knowledge of Ansible;
• Experience with Embedded Application Development domain;
• Experience with Linux networking;
• Experience with virtualization/containerization technologies;
• Good understanding of CI/CD processes.