We are looking for a talented Firmware Python Verification Engineer with 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Python programming to join PLVision’s expert team.
In this role, you will work on a project focused on Ethernet products in close cooperation with the Firmware and SDK (Software Development Kit) development and the architecture teams. You will maintain the advanced firmware and ensure that it meets the functional requirements. This role is vital for releasing high-quality software to our reliable customer that is one of the leaders in the network equipment market.
At PLVIsion, we provide opportunities for continuous professional growth while collaborating with the experienced teams and world-class engineers from the global companies within open-source communities.
If you want to work on a long-term project in the future-proof technology domain, apply for this vacancy, and join our expert community.
Our customer is an Israel-based leader in the network equipment market, acquired by a multinational technology corporation several years ago. While PLVision has been working with this client since 2015, our team and the variety of projects are constantly expanding.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and Internet of Things connectivity. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and the EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand on Ukraine, investing all net income in 2022 to support the Armed Forces and the country, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.
· Develop networking test cases for new and existing products with an emulation emphasis on the customer environments;
· Perform research and analysis to implement the best solutions;
· Cooperate with the internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify the system requirements;
· Be a strong advocate of software quality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software/Computer/Communications Engineering;
· At least 2 years of experience in Python;
· Strong understanding of OOAD;
· Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills;
· Experience with Linux at least at a user level;
· Experience in Software Testing and Test Automation;
· Good verbal and written communication skills;
· Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level and higher.
Vacancy plus options:
· Hands-on experience with Ethernet Switches: Cisco/Arista/Juniper L2 & L3 Switches and Routers;
· Basic knowledge of network communication protocols;
· Knowledge of CI methodology and tools (Gerrit, Jenkins, etc.);
· Work experience in Agile/Scrum environment.