We are looking for a talented C or C++ Engineer with good knowledge of Linux to join PLVision expert team and our new project for an innovative startup.
You will work with the latest technologies and won’t need to puzzle out any outdated legacy code. PLVision fosters innovation and a solution-oriented approach, meaning new ideas are always welcome. Our team constantly contributes to open source (Linux kernel, SONiC, SAI, etc.) and collaborates daily with global technology leaders within open-source communities.
A stable business with 100% Ukrainian capital, PLVision has offices in Ukraine and Poland. The company is investing all its net income in 2022 for the needs of the Army through the Come Back Alive Foundation.
Our customer is a Silicon Valley-based startup that works with cutting-edge technologies. Its founders have many years of successful experience in the technology industry. PLVision’s team is responsible for building the new way of SONiC distribution and rebuilding its versions.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity. PLVision is headquartered in Krakow, Poland, with the Ukrainian headquarters in Lviv and other offices in Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, we help networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand in supporting independence and prosperity of Ukraine. We are investing the company’s net income in 2022 for the needs of our Army and our country’s recovery, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.
• Develop distributive based on Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC) OS
• Work closely with the customer to align requirements
• Design and develop a new feature in SONiC
• Create the architecture and design documentation. Maintain the design documentation to assist in software modification
• Work closely with the test team to provide them with development perspective
• Establish test metrics and mentor the team members
• Ensure that all functionality is implemented on time
• In-depth Linux OS knowledge
• Deep understanding of networking basics (OSI model, Layer 2 or Layer 3 networking protocols, TCP sockets understanding)
• Experience with virtualization/containerization technologies
• Solid C or C++ knowledge
• 2+ years of commercial experience in Software Engineering
• Knowledge of technical English at the Intermediate level and higher
Vacancy plus options:
• Experience with SAI/SONiC implementation and integration
• Experience with ONIE/PXE
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience with Linux networking
• Understanding of CI/CD processes