We are looking for a System Programming Engineer with deep knowledge of Linux, C programming language, and a basic understanding of networking.
A stable business with 100% Ukrainian capital, PLVision has offices in Ukraine and Poland. The company is investing all its net income in 2022 in the Army through the Come Back Alive Foundation.
It is your opportunity to develop networking innovations and collaborate with global open-source communities while growing your professional skills in the expert team with a well-established mentorship tradition.
You will join the team responsible for the OS customization and development of networking software packages on top of the SDK (software development kit). The goal is to create a fully functional Layer 3 solution for innovative networking hardware. It should provide optimal performance for the cluster and cloud computing, as well as the enterprise data centers.
Our customer is a US-based company developing the product line using its own switch silicon to provide a complete stack for data centers of global companies (Facebook, Alibaba, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.). Moreover, the customer is the leader in development of new technologies for network traffic administration. PLVision has a long history of collaboration with this client.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity. PLVision is headquartered in Krakow, Poland, with the Ukrainian headquarters in Lviv and other offices in Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, we help networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand in supporting independence and prosperity of Ukraine. We are investing the company’s net income in 2022 for the needs of our army and our country’s recovery, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.
• Programming Linux user space using the C language
• Developing next-generation network products
• Designing and developing new software packages/protocols
• Building advanced networking firmware features for Cloud and Data centers
• Collaborating with our customers, the leading networking companies
• 2+ years of commercial experience in embedded application development
• Experience with Linux user space and embedded programming
• Good knowledge of C programming language
• Experience with Make/Automake build tools
• Familiarity with scripting languages like Bash or Python
• Experience in writing design and functional specifications
Vacancy plus options:
• Basic knowledge of networking
• Perfect organizational skills
• Good communication skills, ability to work in a team