We are looking for an experienced C or C++ Engineer with strong knowledge of Linux OS and deep understanding of networking protocols.
This is your opportunity to start a new project based on Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC) — the most popular open-source network operating system — and lead the project team, contributing to the development of an embedded networking device for a Silicon Valley startup.
A stable business with 100% Ukrainian capital, PLVision has offices in Ukraine and Poland. The company is investing its net income in 2022 for the needs of Ukrainian army and the country’s recovery.
You will join a strong expert community, practicing open, transparent communication, with well-established processes, minimum formalities, and maximum of trust.
You will join a project covering the development of highly performant data path software and the control plane software APIs for the customer’s data-centric computing solution. Your tasks will include software development (user space and kernel space) for the data processing unit (DPU), design of new high-performance software for the network control plane, as well as measurement and improvement of the implemented DPU software performance.
Our customer is Fungible, a hot startup based in Silicon Valley, creating hardware and software platforms for data centers.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand on Ukraine, investing all net income in 2022 to support the Armed Forces and the country, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.
• Start a new project based on SONiC network operating system (NOS) and lead the project team
• Develop control plane software APIs for data path features
• Build embedded software agents for device and network management
• Create test applications within the existing CI/CD infrastructure for the products
• Develop debugging infrastructure and tools for troubleshooting products
• 5+ years of commercial experience
• Strong knowledge of C or C++
• Experience in the development of embedded systems, modules or applications
• Debugging, troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of packet processors (ASIC, etc.)
• In-depth Linux OS knowledge (kernel space)
• Deep understanding of networking
• Good knowledge of Network Virtualization (VxLAN, NVGRE)
• Understanding of network operating system (NOS)
• Experience with Python
• English level — Intermediate and higher
Vacancy plus options:
• Good understanding of underlay and overlay networking technologies such as VxLANs, etc.
• Knowledge of traffic management, QoS in data center network
• Experience in TCP optimization and/or RDMA performance
• Experience in Virtualization (such as KVM/QEMU, VMware, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of containerization (Docker, K8s, etc.)
• Experience with SAI/SONiC