PLVision is a software product development services company, specializing in Computer Networking, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity. Operating in the global market since 2007, we help networking industry leaders and ambitious startups launch innovative products.
Our customer is a leading supplier of innovative end-to-end connectivity solutions and services for the world’s most advanced data centers. It also provides services for high-performance computing, cloud computing and big data.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our SAI (Switch Abstraction Interface) Design team in Switch R&D group. In our team you will join open source community. You will also get a chance to learn more about Ethernet protocols. Join the leaders and be part of creating cutting-edge technologies!
• Full cycle development of features for a SAI library for modern ASIC (chip) configuration
• Communication with architecture and other teams to identify system requirements and use cases
• Performing research and analysis to make optimal solution decisions
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering
• 2+ years of commercial experience in Software Engineering
• Proficiency in C programming
• Understanding of OSI model, basic knowledge of L2/L3 networking protocols
• Knowledge of Linux as a working environment
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills (GDB, Valgrind)
• Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level and higher
Vacancy plus options:
• Contribution to open source projects
• Experience in writing design and functional specifications
• Experience with Layer 2 and/or Layer 3 networking protocols implementation, TCP sockets programming
• Experience with Git
• Hands-on experience with Python