• 5+ years of experience as a Software QA Engineer
• 5+ years of experience in Python development
• Knowledge of OOP in Python
• Knowledge in one or more of the following L2 & L3 protocols (Ethernet, Bridging/VLANs, IPv4 Routing (static/dynamic), NAT, ACL, Policing, etc.)
• Experience with Linux usage/configuration using CLI
• Independent worker, able to plan and execute in the area of his responsibility
• Experience with Network devices configuration (Cisco, Mikrotik, etc), CCNA courses, etc.
• Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts in Python 3.x
• Design, develop and document test cases, steps, and automation plan
• Root-cause/troubleshoot software and hardware issues
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Collaboration with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Clear verbal and written communication in English
• Be an advocate of software quality
We are looking for an experienced Automation QA Engineer with excellent validation, Python programming skills, and a strong understanding of Linux networking. You will join a team, developing a Linux kernel device driver (Switchdev) for a next-generation white-box switch.
The Ethernet switch device driver model, Switchdev is an in-kernel driver model for switch devices which offloads the forwarding (data) plane from the kernel. Switchdev enables the control of switching silicons (ASICs) on a kernel level, using standard open Linux interfaces. With Switchdev driver availability for an ASIC, any Network Operating System for the networking equipment could be replaced with native Linux.
Switchdev is the basis of DENT OS — a new, revolutionary Native Linux OS for Retail, Campus, Remote Office and Enterprise Edge use. PLVision’s engineers are highly skilled in Linux Kernel development, so you will benefit from knowledge-sharing and guidance within our expert community.
Our customer is a leader in the networking industry, known as a revolutionary in the field of digital storage and transmission of information.
PLVision is a software R&D firm, specializing in solutions for Computer Networking, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity, that operates on the global market since 2007.