• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering
• 2+ years of commercial experience in Embedded Application Development
• Good knowledge of C/C++
• Experience with Linux (as the main development operating system)
• Knowledge of scripting languages: Bash and Python
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Customer orientation and flexibility
• English level — Intermediate and higher
• Knowledge of Ansible
• Understanding of Jenkins
• Knowledge of Gerrit
• Familiarity with networking (Routing, ALC, QoS)
• Platform part integration
• Integration support for SONiC’s new features
• Maintenance support for SAI
• Documentation and community agreements design
• Feature implementation and verification
We are looking for talented С or C++ Engineers (and Python QA Automation Engineers) to join our various SONiC projects after intensive training during the first 5 weeks of work. The training is a part of the job and will be rewarded as such.
During these 5 weeks, with the support of our experienced mentors, you will gain valuable in-demand expertise in the fast-growing domain of computer networking and beyond (Linux, Docker, Git). Upon completion of the training, you will start working with the innovative technologies, while building a product based on SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud) — the world’s most popular open-source network operating system.
Our unique specialization provides exciting challenges and empowers continuous growth. The clients value PLVision’s strong expertise and experience in end-to-end networking product development, so we expand existing projects and start new ones even in turbulent times. A stable business with 100% Ukrainian capital, PLVision is investing its net income in 2022 for the needs of Ukraine’s army and the country’s recovery.
You will join the team responsible for enabling SONiC on the customer’s hardware. Also, you will collaborate within the SONiC open-source community, including developers from companies like Microsoft, Facebook, NVIDIA, Intel, and LinkedIn, which offers exclusive knowledge sharing and fast growth.
We are a software product development company specializing in computer networking, embedded systems, and the Internet of Things connectivity. PLVision has offices in Krakow, Poland, and in Ukraine: Lviv, Odesa, Kyiv, and Kharkiv (currently relocated). Founded in 2007, the company helps networking industry leaders and ambitious startups in the U.S., Israel, and EU countries to launch innovative products.
PLVision has taken an active stand on Ukraine, investing all net income in 2022 to support the Armed Forces and the country, as well as implementing many volunteer initiatives.