• Excellent C programming skills
• Experience with low-level OS/platform, understanding of Linux kernel internals
• Experience in debugging and fixing complex driver issues
• Ability to work independently on complex issues and also in a collaborative environment
• 2+ years of commercial experience in Software engineering
• Experience in customizing, building and integrating Linux-based operating systems
• Experience in Linux kernel development
• Experience/understanding of Linux kernel network stack
• Understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols
• Experience with Switchdev, SAI, SONiC
• Linux kernel device driver development
• Collaborate with other teams on architecture and design approach
• Design and development of Linux kernel drivers
• Platforms bring-up
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with excellent C programming skills, strong understanding of Linux kernel internals and Linux networking. You will join a team, developing a Linux kernel device driver (Switchdev) for a next-generation white-box switch. Our customer is a leader in the networking industry, known as a revolutionary in the field of digital storage and transmission of information.
The Ethernet switch device driver model, Switchdev is an in-kernel driver model for switch devices which offload the forwarding (data) plane from the kernel. Switchdev enables the control of switching silicons (ASICs) on a kernel level, using standard open Linux interfaces. With Switchdev driver availability for an ASIC, any Network Operating System for the networking equipment could be replaced with native Linux.
Switchdev is the basis of DENT OS — a new, revolutionary Native Linux OS for Retail, Campus, Remote Office and Enterprise Edge use. PLVision’s engineers are highly skilled in Linux Kernel development, so you will benefit from knowledge-sharing and guidance within our expert community.
We are a software R&D firm, specializing in Computer Networking, Embedded Development, and the Internet of Things, operating on the global market since 2007.